Runnin’ the table, is it possible?

Viewing 4 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

The Utes are learning how to play together and make the most of their talent, even when going up against an Addidas funded team like Aridzona.

They get 5 of their last 8 at home, thusly:

Road game vs Buffs (4-6 Pac12, 12-10 overall)

Home against Cal and Stanford

Road trip to Washington schools (U-Dub 5-3 Pac12, 15-6 overall) 

Home against SoCal schools

Home against CU.

I think the toughest games will be at CU and at U-Dub.  Possible they could go 6-2 or even 7-1 in this last stretch if they continue to play as they have in the last 4 games.   If they revert to the ways of the SoCal roadtrip, no bueno.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I wouldn’t be so quick to predict wins against the SoCal schools. They handled us with ease at their place.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Was Utah missing some key players though?

Anonymous
          Inactive

I don’t remember, even so, 20ppg worth?

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Mentally missing many.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I agree that Utah doesn’t have it easy as we may believe.  But you can’t argue that the team is playing better and more complete.  

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I guarantee it!

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I would definitely take 6-2 with that schedule, especially if it means we run the table at home.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

CO beat Arizona so I wouldn’t think they’ll be easy, but I’ve been wrong before.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Right, none of the games are necessarily “easy” but “winnable”, yes.  I think this week’s game at CU is a good litmus test.  Are the Utes really improved or just got lucky on the AZ trip and the SoCal trip is more the norm? 

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Colorado has been up and down, sweeping the Arizona teams at home and won at Pauley.  If they play their best ball, we will need to match the effort to get a win.

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Yes and this past week they lost by 14 to ASU and 9 to Arizona, compared to Utah beating ASU by 3 and falling to Arizona by 1.  In those particular games Utah was an average of 12 points better than CU.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
              Ute Fan
              @mcastleton928

And Colorado also lost to Washington in Boulder two nights after Utah beat the Huskies. Utah is definitely playing better than the Buffs are right now. Also of note, ESPN actually favors Utah in every single one of their remaining games except for one (at Washington). If that holds true, Utah would finish 20-9 overall and 12-6 in Pac-12 play. That is a NCAA Tournament-level resume.

PlainsUte
                Ute Fan
                @plainsute

FWIW, Sagarin Predictor has the Utah at CU game a pick-em after giving CU 3.18 pts for home court advantage.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Runnin’ the table, is it possible?