Running game

Viewing 3 reply threads

Uteified
      Ute Fan
      @uteified

I just rewatched highlights from Utah’s game against UCLA last year where Joe Williams had over 300 yards. I miss that guy. Once he got into the open field, it was game over. We are missing that running attack this year.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I hope DHC stays focused and engaged. Last night he tweeted out “I’m a team player. Congrats Utes 7-0”. It kinda gave off the vibe that he’s disappointed that he hasn’t gotten playing time. Or maybe I read into it wrong.

I really liked him in spring and I could see him overtaking McCormick in the next few weeks.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Fah that is an odd tweet. 

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

DHC is clearly struggling.  He “thinks” he’s a team guy but the biggest reason he’s not on the field right now is he doesn’t run block or catch the ball very well.  Hasn’t committed to that expectation.  He wants the ball in his hands (they all do) but he hasn’t quite bought into what Coach Taylor has asked him to do.  If and when he does that he’ll get more looks.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

He also had two very athletic starting NFL lineman who could pull like mofos. The blocking schemes are limited this season based on the talent. Maybe they pick things up but those were freaky large men with great footwork. Asiata and Bolles were awesome. 

All things fair they haven’t been holding or false starting like last season. Seems like the wideouts are just too aggressive. 

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

Yeah… Where was the running game yesterday?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Running game