Ryan Lacy is really upset

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 4

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

I understand him being upset with receiving threats because if that’s true that’s absolutely ridiculous. But he’s also upset that they kept scalley. I don’t get how he can be the only player to have a racist experience with scalley first hand. I’ve heard players say they’ve heard things and what not but never had a direct experience. How can so many players have nothing but good things to say but he had such a bad experience here. He clearly thinks that the U has been trying to silence him. Is that possible?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Weird. In his radio interview I listened to, he said he didn’t want Scalley to lose his job. I wonder what changed. Where did you see he was upset?

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Also, in the radio interview he wouldn’t say what Scalley said, so that seems odd. If you have something to say, have the balls to say it or STFU.

1 11

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Perhaps he didn’t want to perpetuate the racist speech/action by voicing it. Why does one need to ask a victim to relive an experience for one to accept that the experience occurred? 

6 3

Brettski
            Ute Fan
            @brettski

You’re acting like he was brutally attacked. Someone allegedly said something racist to him. He should Man up and say what his problem is

4 7

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Who are you to say what he should do or how it affected him?

1 5

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

These are my opinions. I apologize if you are offended.

Brettski
              Ute Fan
              @brettski

No need to apologize, I’m not offended.  Go Utes!

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

Context matters and he can give the context without creating harm. For example: was Scalley singing along to a hip hop song that uses the racial word or was he screaming at a player and let a racial slur go in that players face? Those are very different instances IMO and Lacy could very easily share the context but won’t.

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

My understanding was that Ryan had difficulty corroborating the description of events as they took place. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen just that the witnesses named either stated that they didn’t hear any racist comments made or declined to be involved in the investigation.

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

That was my take on it. He said they didn’t interview enough people but it’s possible that not everyone wanted to be a part of it.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Was he a starter?

3 6

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Why?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I’m wondering if he has some resentment or axe to grind toward Scalley for some reason.  Wasn’t a starter and thought he should be, got called out in practice for something, who knows.  

1 11

User Suspended
            @a2ute

So if he was a starter and didn’t have an axe to grind – then scalley calling him the N word wouldn’t be a big deal?

You’re trying to shift the blame on Lacey and away from MS.  I knew this would happen. Circle the wagons…blame the guy who was called the N word 

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

No, what he is saying is, MAYBE Ryan wasn’t called anything but feels he was slighted in some way and has made up his uncorroborated claim that Morgan called him the N word because that will get traction whereas saying “I didn’t get enough playing time.” is just sour grapes and nobody would care.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

To be fair Pace, Lacy’s accusation was that others heard it too. According to the report, Lacy was the only one. Also, Lacy claimed he called Scalley out on it his senior year in front of the team. Turns out no one but Lacy remembers that.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

The confrontation thing I 100% believe Lacy thinks that happened. But it does punch a giant hole in it.

I know a lot of things are kept in house with the team. They are a family but that is something I would imagine blowing up. 

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

No, it was a Boobie Hobbs situation.  Lots of playing time but never “the guy”.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

He did an interview two weeks ago. And states publicly that he didn’t want Scallry to lose his job. So which is it ? He said that he wanted Scally to learn from this. It was with DJPk.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Interesting little experiment Lacy is conducting here. As far as the death threats go that is ridiculous. Fans need to STFU on social media. Social media is pathetic.

6 1

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Do you believe he has gotten death threats? Has he shown the threats?  

3 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

On social media? Absolutely. Usually you make your accounts private after you relay an experience like he did. Which blocks a lot of them. 

Is he getting threats in the mail or his work? I don’t know. I wouldn’t doubt it. 

Based on what I understood his story seemed to change. Especially now that he went on 1280 and said one thing and now wants another. I actually haven’t listened to the 1280 interview because PK is so gross. 

4 2

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Considering his original claim lacked corroboration and even changed a bit over time, I’m having a hard time believing he is getting death threats. Maybe he is, but I need to see screen shots before I’m going to buy it.

Side note, I have no ill will towards Ryan and wish him well. If anything did happen to him, hopefully he is able to forgive and move on from it and Scalley learns from it.

SkinyUte
              Ute Fan
              @skinyute

Considering his original claim lacked corroboration and even changed a bit over time, I’m having a hard time believing he is getting death threats. Maybe he is, but I need to see screen shots before I’m going to buy it.

Here you go.  https://twitter.com/SpotlightLacy/status/1278715194642841601

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

Thanks for that, but I’m not seeing a death threat unless that is what is under the redacted part? I don’t use twitter so maybe I’m not looking at the right thing. Regardless, horrible message for someone to send, especially if that person is a Ute fan.  

SkinyUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @skinyute

I suppose that it technically wasn’t a “death threat”, but more of a general threat with horrid racist overtones.

In today’s climate, however, I think a black man would absolutely be justified to take that sort of threat very seriously. 

UteThunder
                    Ute Fan
                    @utethunder

Yeah, I think it is intended to go right up to the edge of making an actual threat without actually making one so as to avoid any kind of legal consequences. I know I would be very uncomfortable if someone sent me a message like that.

cicampbe
                    Ute Fan
                    @cicampbe

Overtones? He called him the N word. That’s not an overtone.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

The Husch Blackwell report did not corroborate any known version of Lacy’s story.  Which can take on a few different meaning.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

IDK Man. I’m all about the truth. Here are the facts that we publicly know of.

1. Morgan is suspended over the text. A through investigation by an unbiased third party is conducted.
      2. Lacy sends his text. Doesn’t talk to Chris Kamrani in his piece. Does talk to DJPk on June 10ish. In that interview he alledges that Morgan called him the word. States one other guy heard it. States he wants Scally learn from this and shouldn’t be fired was ignorant.
      3. The investigation doesn’t turn out any collaborating evidence that Scally did call Lacy that word. No other witnesses confirmed what Lacy said. So it’s Lacys word against his. Would he lie ? IDK and it’s not my place to say one way or the other. The bottom line from a legal prospective your word v someone else’s you need evidence. Since Lacy is the accusing party he needs to prove it. The investigating didn’t provide any info.
      4. So now Lacy is upset and thinks Scally should have been fired. I’m sure he spoke to the investigating team. And I’m sure they took his claim very serious and investigated it coming up with the results they did.
      5. So why would Lacy now change his story and want him fired? Is he emotionally charged that no one believes him or that his claim wasn’t substantiated ? Who knows. Either way it’s interesting. I don’t know the truth. I’m not stating that Morgan did or didn’t say it or that Lacy misunderstood or didn’t. Not my place. Just found it interesting the investigating didn’t collaborate his claim.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Why did it take this long to happen — should have been news years ago…………

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ryan Lacy is really upset