Rylan Jones

Viewing 5 reply threads

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

Since high school we knew he was special. So far this year he has really just come out and tried to play within the system. Tonight he was forced to be more assertive down the stretch and he was so clutch. It was a glimpse into what he’ll be able to do in the future. Knew he had it in him!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He is fantastic. So fun to watch. He’s got so much good in his game already and he’s sooooo young.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

He looks to be all of 12.LOL

Warrior Ute
          Ute Fan
          @warriorute

I liked the comment the announcers made about how young he looks.  It was to the effect: He looks like an altar boy but plays like an assassin.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Probably the best point guard since Jimmy Soto. Probably the best freshman since Keith Van Horn.

TheOCUte
        Ute Fan
        @theocute

The best point guard in school history and arguably the second best both played since Soto…Jones has a LONG way to go before he belongs anywhere near a conversation that includes Andre Miller.

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

Well, it’s been a long time, so perhaps we’ll have to find a way to forgive @Johnny for overlooking Andre…

But, yes, it looks like we might have a kid with a lot of potential in Rylan Jones.  

For now, I’ll watch and cheer for him and be VERY pleased if he ever approaches the capabilities of Andre Miller.

Keep going Rylan, and Go Utes!!!!

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

Hell, just 2 nights ago I was talking about the 1998 Utes. Completely forgot about Andre. Maybe because I was listening to Jimmy on the radio and caught up in the moment. I feel a Van Horn type love for this freshman.

Distantute
            Ute Fan
            @distantute

How do you talk about the 98 utes and forget about andre? Who were you pumping – trace caton, drew hansen? Even if not talking 98 utes how do you forget dre, Easily the best ute of all time. And nothing comes out of their mfing lips just a bunch of jibberish …

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Ummm you might want to check yourself on that one.

Mobile Ute Hub user submitted image

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

Love Andre, I stand corrected. But, it feels good to have a true point playing for the Utes.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

1 3

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

I did wish he didn’t do that BS flop earlier in the game — got Justa warning for it. Just man up and play ball.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Drawing charges is a big part of his game. He is too short to “Man up” as you call it against the bigs. He does flop for sure but if he doesn’t he will end up more battered and bruised than he already is.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I think most people are fine with “drawing charges.” What is annoying is pretending there was a charge by flopping. Flopping, is by most people understood to mean that you are pretending there was a charge. IMO, faking a foul does not belong in the game.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.