Rylan Jones won Mr. Basketball for the state of Utah again

Viewing 6 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

It’s going to be nice to have a PG that can facilitate for once. He owns the state assists record by over 100 assists, and he averaged somewhere in between 25-30 a game I think. He may not be a star due to size related limitations, but he’s going to be the most basketball smart guy on the team the second he joins it. I’m tired of our basketball teams making stupid mistakes. He will fix a lot of that as he handles the ball.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Could not agree more on three counts:

Assists – he will be the best facilitator at Utah in a  man years.

Smart – he has more basketball smarts than any other two or three players in any of the last 3 or 4 years, combined,

Size – I fear it will be a limiting factor.  I’ve watched a few of his games this year, and he does not look like he is either 6-1 or 165 lbs (which the recruiting services report), and frankly does not look like a high school senior. 

I’m very please we have him, but REALLY want the training staff to work their magic with his bulk – we’ll probably have to pray if we want more height 🙂

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

Is he going on a mission?

1 4

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA….. no he is not going on a mission. His dad’s a good dude, and very clearly not LDS… I don’t know what his feelings are about the whole LDS things, but he just really doesn’t seem like that kind of guy. He was a Majerus guy.

I remember I was at a basketball camp that he was in charge of once (I was in 6th grade and still very naive), and when he was talking, and a bunch of us kids were not making eye contact, but looking at the floor, and he asked if there was a naked woman on the floor he couldn’t see. I was shocked at the time, and now I just find it hilarious. I grew to really respect him after spending a few weeks with him, but man, he is no LDS softie (not that all LDS guys are soft).

vcsg01
          Ute Fan
          @vcsg01

Awesome, thanks for the info. That’s great.

1 4

User Suspended
        @a2ute

^ Typical mormon from Utah…

DocBuff
      Ute Fan
      @docbuff

He is not LDS so no mission.

He works out with a personal trainer at my gym and is every bit of 6’1”, and pretty fit, but still has the typical 18 year old body. He will bulk up some as he ages. His mom is also a trainer as well and as you all should know his dad is Chris Jones Utah assistant coach.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

A lot of kids continue to grow into their 19th to 20th year. I grew an 1-1/2″ to 6′-4″ during my freshman year of college.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

If he inherited any of his father’s body type characteristics he won’t have a problem bulking up a bit.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Does he think of becoming LDS?

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Sounds like hoop’s version of Brittain Covey

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Does anyone know if he’s Mormon? This is important. TIA.

2 4

User Suspended
        @a2ute

1st rule of thumb on utehub.  Always assume every white guy from Utah is mormon.

mormons helping to perpetuate the sterotypes at every turn…

Thlete
        Ute Fan
        @thlete

Couldn’t just give you a thumbs up, since I literally LOL’d

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

I wouldn’t worry too much about his size. Brandon Taylor was like 5’7″, Bibbins was 5’8″.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Rylan Jones won Mr. Basketball for the state of Utah again