Sad reminder on this Selection Sunday

Viewing 5 reply threads
      26 6

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Utah has the highest paid coach in the PAC12, and will have now missed the NCAA tournament for FIVE straight seasons.

But I’m sure Larry just needs more time.

12 5

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

Why the down vote? Please enlighten us with your wisdom regard LK…. I’m excited to hear your defense of his past results.

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Hey LK fans, Still waiting for enlightenment. I guess you’ve proven my point. There is ZeRo reason to keep him other than a financial. Shame on the U for ever signing such a one sided contract.

12 5

AZUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @azutefan

LK will explain how this is a young team and he needs time. Meanwhile, all the experienced players transfer out of the program every year and it creates this cycle and built-in excuse for LK. He has been milking this huge contract and Harlan needs to make bold decision and send LK packing. 

Or would that ruin our NIT bid next year?

5 6

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree on all fronts LK is not the coach to get it done at Utah. He’s had plenty of time and the general theme is poor performance, excessive transfers each year, etc. Hopefully through the experiences of last year and the declining fan/sponsorship interest in college BB, colleges collectively start rethinking the contract structure for these coaches. I understand it’s market driven to extent. 

Shooting in the dark here, but Utah BB from a monetary perspective might be better off claiming bankruptcy and shutting the operation down considering the operational expenses of paying Larry and running the program. I last attended a BB game three years ago and the JHC was empty. Utah has to be losing millions of dollars running the BB program considering the lack of fan support and I’m sure declining advertising support. Sad to even think about it.

UofU made their own bed signing LK to his last contract. Chis Hill did some great things for Utah sports, LK’s contract in not one of them. LK is not going anywhere for one maybe two years. I’m guessing it may be more cost effective for Utah to lose every game next year and keep LK as coach than cut him loose at this point.

The BB transfer door is offically open. Again, I am a Ute student/fan of the Majerus era. Those goggles make it hard to see what’s happened to a once prominent college BB program. Hope there are better years ahead for Utah BB. Go Utes!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I’m used to it at this point. But don’t worry. There’s always next year 🤡.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

How long before Harlan drops the ax on Larry?

Got to be sooner rather than later. Get new Coach in ASAP to start working on new staff and recruiting. If it’s not done by next Friday I’m guessing Larry will still be Utah Head Bball Coach for at least next season.

3 2

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Should of happened after the 18 point loss to Brigham to be honest.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Sad reminder on this Selection Sunday