Safety position with Ritchie going on his Mission?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Hubert’s back. Others Vaughn, Latu, Renfro? Don’t know enough about the young guys. Seems Hubert is more than capable and recovered to jump back in the next two years based on his play from last year.

Good for Ritchie, full respect to him. Mission kids at skill positions seem to need a conditioning year when they return.

Jay
      Ute Fan
      @utahhhh

It will be Vonte Davis and RJ Hubert next year who are both really solid, Hubert has a lot of potential. They like Latu a lot and we’ve got some more guys coming in, would be nice to steal Jeffery Bassa from Oregon though.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Savage got reps on special teams and should be ready to challenge at safety next year. Other than youth, DB and RB are really the only areas I don’t worry about on this team. D-Line is solid if not spectacular, LB always seems to be one injury away from being a disaster, I’ll never trust the receivers – whether through usage or consistency, O-Line seems to constantly have issues in one of the two phases, and QB is always an adventure.

Jay
          Ute Fan
          @utahhhh

Our D line is the worst part of our defense this year, no one is getting pressure, QB’s have to much time to throw against our talented but young DB’s.

4 1

Crazyforu
          Ute Fan
          @crazyforu

Holy crap. Reading your post, you would think this team doesn’t even have a heartbeat. You must be a miserable fan.

Jay
            Ute Fan
            @utahhhh

So making one critique/negative observation makes me miserable? Face the facts, our D ends aren’t getting pressure like our past ones have, Tafua and Tupai are definitely no Bradlee Anea.

Crazyforu
              Ute Fan
              @crazyforu

Jay. I was talking about what 2008 National Champ said, not your post. I am not sure why it listed under your comment. 

Sure, there is reason to critique the d-line, keep in mind though that every year can’t be a banner year, especially when 9 guys from your defense go to the NFL. If there is any position group I would never doubt on this team, it is the D-line. 

Keep in mind, there are a lot of dudes playing that were sitting behind Fotu, Penisi, and Anae. As much as we all want it to just be next man up, it does take a minute. Especially this year.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Davis will be back. Has a real shot at the league with another year. Hubert, will take Ritchies spot. He is also a future NFl Safety.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Safety position with Ritchie going on his Mission?