Sagarin has us at 20th, having played the 4th toughest schedule in the country

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

stat models/vegas love us, and we really havent put it all together yet. The ceiling of this team remains very high.

6 1

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Nice! I keep an eye on the Massey ratings each week. It has us favored to win all our remaining games. The Stanford win had a big part in that I think. IIRC, before Stanford I believe it had us losing 2 (incl. Stanford and Colorado), and had us in a toss-up with Oregon.

Massey Ratings

Massey projections:

– South Division –

Utah projected to go 10-2 (7-2 in conference)

USC is favored in 5 of their next 7, 8-4 overall (7-2 in conf)

Colorado is favored in only 3 of their next 7 games, if that holds true, then they finish 8-4 overall (5-4 in conf)

Arizona is favored in 1 of their next 6, 4-8 overall (3-6 in conf)

ASU is favored in 2 of their next 6, 5-7 overall (3-6 in conf)

UCLA isn’t favored in any game, winless on the season, OUCH!

If all the south projections work out as above, then Utah wins the South with the tiebreaker against USC.

– North Division –

Washington is favored to win all their remaining games, (11-1, 9-0 in conf)

Stanford would finish 2nd (8-4, 7-2), followed by Wazzu (9-3, 6-3), Oregon (8-4, 5-4), Cal (5-7, 2-7),  and Oregon St (1-11, 0-9)

Then Utah v Washington in the PAC-12 Championship game. I’d love another chance at the Dawgs.

Go Utes!!!

Mano
        Ute Fan
        @mano

Not to be “that guy”, but the Massey ratings having Utah as the favorites in the rest of their games is not the same as projecting that they go 10-2. If you are a 51-49 favorite in every game, you would be projected to finish around .500, not to go undefeated. If you believe the percentages Massey has for Utah, they would project Utah going 8-4.

St George Ute
          Ute Fan
          @stgeorgeute

You are correct good sir. I kneel at your feet :).

Allow me to update:

South:
          USC (7-5, 6-3)
          Co (8-4, 5-4)
          Utah (8-4, 5-4)
          AZ (5-7, 4-5)
          ASU (6-6, 4-5)
          UCLA (2-10, 2-7)

North:
          UW (10-2, 8-1)
          Stan (8-4, 6-3)
          WSU (9-3, 6-3)
          OR (8-4, 5-4)
          Cal (5-7, 2-7)
          OSU (2-10, 1-8)

Well crap…I liked my first results better. 😉

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Stanford would be 9-3, not 8-4 if they go 7-2 in conference. They went 2-1 in non- conference play (wins vs. San Diego State and UC Davis, loss @ Notre Dame), which would make their record 9-3 (7-2).

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Had we just had a decent offense against Washington St(or a phantom block in the back not called) this season would be looking pretty decent.  Now we have to win out to have a shot at the south.  We have the players, but we still have some tough games ahead.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sagarin has us at 20th, having played the 4th toughest schedule in the country