Samson Nacua can pound sand

Viewing 11 reply threads
      12 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He has stated that Alligear is as good as Moss was in 2019.  He is entitled to his opinion and Alligear is a very good RB.  But, …

Samson is starting to rub me the wrong way.  Samson was given many opportunities at the U and now he has gone totally blue.

His brother, Puka is a total stud at Wide Receiver.  He will be in the NFL IMO.  I hate that he plays on the wrong team, but he is a great receiver.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Id like to know the context. Was he asked or did he just start spouting off?

If he was asked, I mean what’s he going to say about his old teammate and his current teammate?
      I do agree with you that Moss is a superior RB. Better blocker, better YAC, better receiver etc etc. It’s not even debatable.

7 2

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I don’t know that I’d compare him to Moss, but anyone with eyes and brain has to admit that Allgeier is a tremendous talent. He’s been the best player on the field in most games this season for BYU.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree.

I think he is saying anything he knows will irritate his former team and fans.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Samson doing his thing seeking some attention for himself and the team with BYU set to play Idaho State and Georgia Southern over the next two weeks, ending with the mess at USC. 

Very few care or acknowledge BYU other than their fan base, the Utah media, and too many Ute fans in Utah that can’t seem to let go of the love-hate relationship with BYU. 

BYU has done a good job taking care of the P12 teams this season. Baffling why so many P12 teams are playing BYU when the game is meaningless unless an undefeated P12 beats a ranked BYU for poll points. P12 teams struggle enough getting up to play some conference games. Really not much to gain playing BYU. 

1 1

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

the parochial school is considered P5 by the Pac-12 for scheduling purposes. there is also an exception (similar to Notre Dame) which allows Pac schools to play them outside of the first 3 weeks of the season which gives a little flexibility to the conference.

i’m against Utah continuing the yearly relationship but don’t have a problem with other conference schools playing them. i’d much rather have Utah play the other State school instead of the private one as a yearly opponent but that is almost tilting at windmills at this point.

once the parochial school officially joins the little 12, i fear that that game will be permanently put back on the schedule as the “A” game and Harlan will use that as an excuse to never get any quality* non-conference opponents whose campus is more than an hour drive from the hill.

* i define quality as a school from a current P5 conference. that landscape will change over the next couple of years but having only the one game against Michigan in the last decade has been a scheduling failure in my opinion. along with only scheduling 6 home games every year when the standard for P5 conferences is to play 7.

Wes
      Ute Fan
      @utahmanw

Who?

4 4

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

****WRONG CATEGORY****

10 4

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Samson is in intolerable blowhard, always has been. I didn’t even like him when he was at Utah. The entire Nacua family is trash.

Samson is a traitor.

Puka is a great WR, but is arrogant and intolerable. He’s the kind of guy who walks over other players after making a big play.

Kai is a sucker-punching coward.

5 1

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Samson is a fine kid, goofy and fun loving.
        It’s sucker punch Nacua that deserves the hate.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

He’s the kind of person who’s behavior you dismiss and tolerate when he’s on your side.

But, he’s also the the kind of person that becomes very dislikable when they are no longer on your side.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Yes he’s always rubbed me the wrong way too. I was at a spring scrimmage several years back. I decided to sit on the east side of the stadium where the offense is.

Well during the scrimmage the kicker (forgot who it was – I think it was one of the backups) missed a pretty short field goal- one he should have made. Well, just after he missed it, Samson came onto the field and proceeded to laugh and mock the kicker, followimg him and laughing and mocking all the way back to the bench on the east side. Even after this, Samson continued to jaw at him and laugh for several minutes on the sidelines. It finally stopped when the kicker, along with a player or two began to head towards him as if to call him on for a confrontation or whatever. After it was obvious Samson got the message to knock it off, he finally quit.

I never liked him after seeing that, and I was even a bit happy to see him go.

He fits in with the Cougarboard culture well.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

He’s a douchebag, plain and simple. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Even when he was a Ute. I’ll never forget when a reporter asked him about Puka. He responded by saying he was encouraging Puka to go else where. That he was too good to play at Utah. I’m paraphrasing but that’s basically what he said. This coming from. Kid who had no major offers out of high school but Utah.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Bigger upgrade:

Nacua > Vele?

Old entrance with the blow up toy > New Motley Crue entrance through state-of-the-art tunnel and smoke show?

It’s debatable. Both are HUGE upgrades with the new version light-years ahead of the former.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

LOL. Cougarboard thinks we have tears over losing Nacua. LOL. What’s delicious is CB junior high level logic (while claiming to be the so-called “Harvard of the West” LOL).

I’d take Vele or Howard over Samson anyday of the week. And Kincaid (yes I know he is a TE and not the same position) also.

Sorry CB, but we must thank you for taking Samson. His attitude wasn’t “all in” – I’m fact it seems at times he was “in the way”. And taking Samson gave Utah Howard and Vele has come along much better than Samson ever could. One step backward losing Samson (if even that) gave Utah two or three steps forward. I’ll take that everytime.

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=27337244

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

We’re getting along just fine without Nacua.  I hope he’s having a fun time playing with his brother. And frankly I’m much more interested in watching Utah develop their young talent than I am in that other team.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=27337796

Calling their family trash cause they own your commuter school on the field is a terrible look.

I’ll glance CB once in awhile (twice this week – a little more than usual, LOL), and I have seen DOZENS of posts calling Ute fans “trash”, “wife beaters”, “rapists”, “racists”, “losers”, “gas pumpers”, “having STDs”, etc. etc. These posts show up frequently, sometimes daily. I’ve seen them post similar things against other fan bases also, on occassion.

What is a “terrible look” is Cougarboard. CB is the epitome of hyprocrisy and utter classlessness. Whatever online trash other fan bases may have, it is a drop in the bucket of what CB dishes out DAILY.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Screw them. Whining and rank hypocrisy is all they know and is the core of who they are. There’s a reason they are one of the most hated fanbases in all of college football. 

Weve all seen the blatantly racist and bigoted remarks about Huntley, Hatfield, Dres etc. through the years. 

We saw them cry incessantly about Bernard transferring and trash him for it.

We saw their victim-blaming of Aaron Lowe and Ty Jordan in the aftermath of their deaths.

BYU fanbase is filled with holier-than-thou, arrogant, selt-entitled douchebags who will hurl a racist insult in one breath and then cry about religious persecution in the next.

Blatant hypocrisy from the worst fanbase in America.

The audacity to call another fanbase classless is the epitome of lacking self-awareness.

They suck and everyone hates them.

BD
          Ute Fan
          @flyfisherman

BYU fanbase is filled with holier-than-thou, arrogant, selt-entitled douchebags who will hurl a racist insult in one breath and then cry about religious persecution in the next.

Yup. I am an active member of the Church. In fact, I even work as a contractor for the Church in IT development currently. So, the “religious persecution” that they claim just doesn’t work – it’s a sorry excuse that irritates me a lot.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

As a former ybU-p student, I too must concur with UteFanatic and BD.  I was from out-of-state, so I didn’t know any better.  All I knew was that my dad was ybU alum, and ybU tuition was cheap.  My primary exposure to the University of Utah was what I’d heard from fellow students.  Ideas such as…

1.  The reason why students at the U hate the Y, was because their application to the Y was rejected.

2.  A degree from the University of Utah was worthless.

3.  Most students never even graduate.

4.  Students are always going to class drunk.

5.  University professors teach anti-Mormon propaganda.

And of course, ybU-p is the “Harvard of the West”.

[* Eat your hearts out Stanford, CalTech, UC-Berkeley, UCLA, USC, UWa, UCSD, UCSB, UC-Davis, Pepperdine, Pomona, Santa Clara, et al *]

And then I shortly discover what a bunch of whiney, classless, hypocritical, peac**ks and liars they are, and I wind up transferring to the U — where I’d never heard ONE university professor preach any anti-Mormon rhetoric.  Nor had I seen any students stumbling into the classroom under any degree of inebriation (there were some “hungover” students, but it’s not like it was a frequent occurrence, nor does it qualify as “drunk”).  I never met ONE student who claimed s/he was attending the U because they failed to get into to ybU-p, but I had met MULTIPLE students who’d transferred to the U FROM ybU-p.  I’d also met students with full-ride scholarships to both schools, but chose the U anyway, due to its medical program, and superior STEM programs.  My degree didn’t turn out to be worthless, and both the U and the Y have similar graduation rates.

Those myths about Utah continue to live on because that’s what the Freshmen are told, and with most students coming from out-of-state, it’s the only thing they know.  And ybU students always believe everything they’re told.  #Suckers

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

LOL, just noticed this post is #1 on Cougarboard.

I see that we still continue to live rent-free, even in their best season since ’84.

Death, taxes, and BYU fans being obsessed with Utah.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Samson Nacua can pound sand