Scoop and score?

Viewing 1 reply thread

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

LSU muffs the punt, FSU picks it up and runs it in, but not counted as TD. Is it because one of the Tigers was on the ground in touched it, even though he never had possession?

They might have explained this but there were too many people, too loud in my house.

Overall, crazy finish to that game.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

If I heard correctly, they said you can’t advance a dropped punt after a fair catch is signaled. I’m not 100% sure, I had the sound down pretty low, but that’s what I thought they said.

W16Ute
        Ute Fan
        @w16ute

That would make sense.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Wait I never knew this. So LSU is receiving the Punt. Calls for fair catch but muffs it. The team that punted can’t scoop and score?

It makes sense that Lsu can’t advance it. But the team who recovers the turnover should be able to advance it.

Seems like a stupid rule.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

It actually makes sense to me. The receiving team has signaled they will not advance the ball once they take possession of it. If the return man fails to secure the ball, why should the kicking team have the advantage of being able to advance a ball the receiving team couldn’t? 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Scoop and score?