Scrimmage

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Troy is the #1. Huntley is a runner and “can” throw, but he looks inexperienced. Bateman FINALLY looked great vs the third string guys. Bateman and Hampton were just toying with people. Troy is making good decisions, is running great, and overall looks better. 

Moss and DHC are very, very, very solid. If that is all we had at RB, we’d be set. BUT, we will still add Shyne and Green this summer. They both are catching the ball well, and DHC is impossible to bring down alone. He is looking very, very, very well. Whitt and co know how to evaluate RB’s. DHC was running like he wanted 1st string reps and not third string reps this fall. 

WR’s: Same old, same old. Wilson looks really good. Drops, drops, drops. BUT, and this is an awesome BUT, Fulks…he may have found “it”. Maybe, must maybe, it is starting to click for him. He had a great 50+ yd TD catch. 

OL: So, Harding is a great coach. Falemaka was out, and it showed. Lots of bad snaps. 

DL: Ok, we are always great here, we are great here, and we will always be great here. Everyone looks great. Tupai had some good plays, Hamilton had some good plays, even Repp got in on a sack. Pututua played well. Anae is the next Reilly, Orchard, Dimick, Fitts. 

DB: They did very well today. Held the recievers in check. Shah just does his stuff and develops DB’s. 

I think I’ve mentioned before, but you can see some really good things out of Taylor’s offense. The way he is able to get certain matchups on the field is breathtaking. We aren’t always making the plays (McCormick dropped a TD), but he gets kids in the right position to make plays. They guy knows what he is doing. It’s fun. 

I’ve been saying all winter that I think we are a 6-8 win team. I will change that to a 7-9…maybe even an 8-9 win team. If we can add the Johnson brothers, develop some depth in the OL and our WR’s catch a few more balls…

I love football. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

How’d Karsen Lilinquist do out there? Hope he can get on the field and make an impact

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’ll be honest…I haven’t really watched. BUT, it seems like I do see him one or two plays a day. That can’t be bad. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Thanks for the reports, love the enthusiasm.

The common theme since last year has been “you know what you get with Troy on the field”. While I’m not necessarily expecting it, I’d love for him to have a breakout year and prove everyone wrong.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Thanks for the update. Wish I could go to this. How did the linebackers look? Are we going to be okay there?

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Linebackers are going to be MUCH improved. Donavan Thompson is making a lot of plays. He’s a standout for sure. I saw Tauteoli for the 1st time this year, so it’s good to see him. I didn’t notice Luafatasaga yesterday, but I did see him during the last public practice, looked great.

Me, I’m not worried at all about the linebackers. We need to worry about the O-Line and pray we don’t lose our starting center. If we do, kiss the season goodbye. Our back-up centers are horrible based on what happened yesterday.

Also worry about field goals – horrible yesterday. I’m pretty sure they missed them all. Both Antezana and Hicken. Oh — weak kickoffs too. One went out of bounds and two or three others made it to about the 7 yard line. Scary kicking yesterday!

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Thanks. That’s good to hear about the LBs. If Tauteoli and Luafatasaga stay healthy, we should be good. Glad to hear that Donavan is strong, too. I was suprised he did not see the field more last year because he seemed solid in the few snaps he played.

We have had such a strong kick game (ala Whit’s “throw game”) for so long that it will be a rude awakening if there is a huge drop-off this year. I would guess there have been 3 to 4 games the past few years that were won because of a solid kick game.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.