Sean Miller Blasts PAC 12 For Allowing Fans to Storm the Court

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive
      2 1

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Seeing as how we have a reputation for storming the field after football games I hope the Muss organizes a court storming after the game just to p**s him off.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree with what he is saying it really is only a matter of time before a player just knocks out a fan. His conclusion that it would be self defense well is a big assumption you hope. Obviously the fan shouldn’t be on the court so they are in the wrong to begin with. I like the threat of banning the individual for storming the court by the announcer prior to the end of the game.

Miller also needs to stay off the court to a lot of coaches break this rule but he is ridiculous at it and never gets punished.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I actually agree a lot with what he said.

With that said I think storming the court in certain situations is okay. Its part of the sport.

Anonymous
          Inactive

When did it become part of the sport?   Are you saying you can’t change that aspect of the sport? I believe it will be changed because universities and conferences will not be able to afford the liability it creates.

Utah is primarily responsible for security at these events, so someone does something stupid who is liable?  You even had someone advocating storming the court in this thread.

If it is part of the game it is embarrassing part of the game.  I am one of the ones that think storming the field against a (EXPLETIVE) BYU team was pretty much a wake up call for this fan base to win with some dignity.  We fire shots at how Max Hall behaved after his win.  Look at the fanbase that almost stormed the field to allow BYU to win.   They need to dish out serious punishment for those that do it and it needs to stop.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ll admit to having stormed the field after a Utah victory in the Freedom Bowl at Anaheim Stadium.

Now that I’m old, storming the field or court is lame. Kids will be kids. They just need to leave the opposing players alone and celebrate, then all should be fine.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I stormed the field in at the end of the 2nd perfect season when we crushed the zoo. Hurt myself actually. Bruised my ribs when I hit them against the wall as I climbed over. Won’t do it again.

Anonymous
        Inactive

What I left out in my storming the field story was that my drunk brother-in-law from Roy, Utah, did a head-first slide in the endzone and ended up wrapped around the legs of a policeman. My brother was a deputized officer for the lifeguards at the time and he walked up to the policeman, pulled out his badge and said “I’ll handle him.” Big save right there. Major laughs. I think that was back in ’94, Luther Ellis team.

I hope Utah throttles Arizona like they did the Solar Zoobs, such that the fans can leave Huntsman early. Now that would be an epic insult to Sean Miller.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Sean Miller Blasts PAC 12 For Allowing Fans to Storm the Court