Search for new basketball coach

Viewing 1 reply thread

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

This next basketball coaching hire is going to show us what Harlan brings to Utah sports.  I think he has had pretty much a free ride up till now.

I hope he can find a coach that is great at identifying talent and then actually recruiting them to Utah.  The new coach also needs to be a great developer of players once they get into the program.  In game coaching and management must be first class also.

Sounds like a lot to expect, but when you are going to pay someone the kind of money that is available, you can have high expectations.  

This is going to fun to watch unfold.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Hopefully, Harlan had a good read on a few upgrades before this move that will save time. I think it is important for the new guy to recruit the current players to stay because many would have a long list of interested schools. Martinez needs to be much assured. If we can get Allen to stay for the excitement of a new coach, keep the rotation of 8 or 9 players, keep the international players committed and add a serviceable big man, the new guy would have a good start.

I didn’t expect us to have the money to make this happen this year. We now have something to watch build.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Search for new basketball coach