Season Tickets

Viewing 11 reply threads

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Is anyone else slightly apprehensive about renewing season tickets.  We now have until May 13 to renew.  For some reason I have a hard time seeing a refund if the season is cancelled or compromised.  A credit would be more likely.  How is everyone else approaching it?

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

I decided to pay.   Where my tickets are ( just a couple of rows above the portals and I’ve had them since 2001) if I let them go now, would NEVER get them back. 

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

That is where I am at with mine.  Throwing 2 grand into the wind just doesn’t sit right with me, by that same token my feelings would be the same if it was 20 bucks. haha

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

If season tickets fall by the wayside I’ll buy some up quickly.

BulgieUte
      Ute Fan
      @bulgieute

Please don’t renew.
      I’ve been looking for a silver lining in this fiasco. I may have found it in the possibility I move up the waiting list. 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

The U told us that in the event that the season is cancelled, they would refund or apply the payment to next season. We renewed because we don’t want to take a chance on losing our seats.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

That is good to hear.  I am going to renew of course, just wondering what would happen should the worst occur.

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

Who told you.this? I’ve had a call out to my rep for a week. I want clarification. Right now applying the money to next season is bad for many folks hurting for $$. They need to refund.

I still think season will not happen. We are in the PAC12, not SEC. The states to the West are prone to caution in our current conditions. With respect to athletics and universities, we will follow suit. It’s the only real play.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Harlan was hired for his ability to make money.

If you don’t renew, you lose your seats.

But, if there are many non-renewals, it would giveability to upgrade / change locations.

Since the U has consistently sold the seats in front of me to fans at least 6’5″, I would hope to finally get an unobstructed view of the game!

Go Utes!

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

I’m with ya & was wondering exact same thing. 

I’ve had tickets for the last 15 yrs, and Rarely miss a home game. But, I have to say, If games are played this year and If fans are allowed in stadium – I don’t know that I’d feel comfortable (safe) going…  There is virtually No Way we’ll have a vaccine by this fall. I’m a die hard Ute like All Y’All, but I also want to enjoy the game experience. And it would be hard to have a good time at the games – if you’re worried about your health.  

All this said, I’m planning to renew my tix. But, feels like a loosing proposition. 

Freakin’ virus and Go Utes !!

7 9

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

You are operating under a lot of false data. As more antibody tests emerge hopefully you will not be ruled by fear anymore. 
        The cruiseline studies are pretty interesting. I think around 20-30 % had no symptoms. 
        Open the country up already. 

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Season tickets are for the rich.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Somebody forgot to tell the folks in the North end zone that…

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

How much do season tickets cost in the North end zone?

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I’ve had tickets since 1993 and have already paid for this year. If allowed, I will be at the games this year. I too believe that there has been a slight overreaction to the virus. Hopefully the powers that be get things right in the future and we can soon go back to a more normal life.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I was back and forth on this for so long. I eventually bit the bullet and renewed last week because like many of you, I don’t want to lose my seats (though they are not as nice as some of you have!).

I’m not optimistic that this season will happen, however. Or if it does, I’m nearly certain that games won’t be played in front of fans.

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

I’m putting off my renewal to the last minute, but I don’t actually believe there will be games this fall or that if there are I will feel comfortable going.  Last year it was hard to get face value selling tickets even at the best games (opponent and conditions) let alone the rainy games.  So aftermarket this year (fall or spring) is going to be even worse.  But I don’t want to lose my tickets for years to come.

A portion of the season tickets is a required Crimson Club donation.  That portion is high with good seats.  My guess is you won’t get any of that money credited or returned.  Has anyone heard anything about that?

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Just guessing here, but with the donation portions – if there is no season – I bet the U would offers multiple options such as refunding that portion along with the cost of the tickets OR deferring that donation amount to be applied to the following season’s tickets while refunding this year’s ticket cost OR ticket holders will be encouraged to let that donation stand as a donation regardless of the season and then make the same donation next year.

Any school would be foolish to tell their season ticket holders “sorry there wasn’t a season, but we’re keeping all of your money” without at least giving them the option to apply it to a future season or get a complete refund.

Mr Chainsaw
          Ute Fan
          @mrchainsaw

I agree that seems the sane approach and what I would expect them to do, but I’m not sure they’ll actually do it.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

if you are planning on buying again next season there seems to be little risk here. Unless you need the cash

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Season Tickets