Shelley

Viewing 8 reply threads
      1 4

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

If Shelley wins out, I hope he beats out Huntley  next year. 

UTUTE
      Ute Fan
      @utute

Hmmmmm.  Maybe

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Huntley for his senior year is a luxury you want to have. Shelley will want to play though and may deserve it who knows. Hate to be the Utah coaching staff has a tough deal. Shelley is different he is just so calm in the pocket. Poised is what I think when I watch his escapes. Huntley’s are just scary at times the ball is way out away from his body and his long limbs are all over. But they work!

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Shelley played great, but he got away with a few errant passes that were almost picked off. Huntley is still better. It’s nice to know we are in good shape at the QB position for next year, though. 

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

Bottom line he didn’t throw a pick. Not bad for his first start as a RS freshman. 

UtTroutHunter
      Ute Fan
      @uttrouthunter

Before the game I made a comment that I didn’t think Shelley could pass at a D1 leve. Yeah, I was wrong. I think Huntley is more physically gifted, and Shelley has a better insticts for the position. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

We’ll have the crow, please. I didn’t think we’d even have a chance today. Glad we were both wrong. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Good assessment.

alharmon
      @alharmon

If “winning out” means a win against Colorado, BYU, Wazzu/Washington in the PAC-12 championship game (assuming ASU loses one more), and Ohio State/Big Ten in the Rose Bowl then I’d give him a chance.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Nothing beats having depth.  I hope that Huntley beats out Shelley, but the future looks good for Utah at the QB position. 

javadave
        Ute Fan
        @javadave

Good point. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Liked Shelley over Huntley since spring. Huntley needs to move to WR, he’s not a QB at the next level. Shelley had some bad plays but show me a 3* RS Freshman facing a team like Oregon that doesn’t have issues.

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

If we plan to use QB’s as part of our running attack (which I’m sure we will) then we’ll probably need both Huntley & Shelley next year. It’s tough to keep a running QB healthy for 12-13 games.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.