Shelley vs Huntley

Viewing 3 reply threads

alharmon
      @alharmon

I know there’s been a lot of discussion about starting Shelley over Huntley next year. I’ve said that if Shelley leads us to a win in the Rose bowl I would consider starting him over Huntley next year. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Shelley, he can be a solid QB. But he’s not ready yet. Yes, one of his picks was not his fault but he’s made some poor decisions. Next year is OUR year. Next year we could be really good. I think you have to start Huntley. Shelley’s time will come.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Agree. Shelley’s really stepped up to get us here, but Tyler’s the guy.

2 1

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

I’ll just leave this here:

Huntley lost by 14 to UW at home. Shelley lost by 7 to UW at a neutral site.

The difference is not large, and right now, I would give Shelley the nod. 

alharmon
          @alharmon

Huntley scored 7 and Shelley scored 3. 

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

Not even close.  If Huntley plays tonigyt we win.  Shelley was terrible and ever since hes taken over we lost asu and have scored 10 fewer a game 100 fewer yards a game.  His time will come but Huntley betrer start next year

1 1

Anonymous
          Inactive

I don’t think Shelley was terrible, he was simply a Freshman. Mariner needs to be traded. 

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Shelley also wasn’t getting any help from the receivers tonight and the run game was non existent. Tough game to watch but these two teams have the top defenses in the conference for a reason. 

2 1

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I find it baffling that people can’t see that Shelley doesn’t have the arm strength to start. He did well enough as a backup but he has almost no velocity on his throws

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Shelley vs Huntley