Should we have been running two or three different backs this year?

Viewing 4 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Williams is looking really good. And he just busted off 13 more yards and is sitting at 99 first drive of second half.

We’ve had some pretty good years with Warfield, Johnson, Ganther, etc. It seems we ride one horse too much these past two or three years.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by UTE98.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Fresno st and Oregon Williams got very little touches. Eggs all in one basket.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yes Williams was running great, which is why we stopped giving him the ball and tried to do other stuff.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Yes, we have never had a RB with a legitimate shot at the end of the year to be in the running for any major awards, Doak Walker, Heisman. So why are we just running one running back so if he goes down, and quite a few have, we’re breaking in a new running back with two games left in the season?

I thought we had PAC12 depth this year, but we seem to lose a huge step when the #2 comes in at LB, Safety, CB, or WR. I hate that I was frustrated with TW yesterday and then he runs for a 1st down on 4th and 9. Only to fumble a few plays later. When TW is good he’s really good, hitting TEs running a fly route to the post, and next he can’t even place a ball for Scott who’s got 6 inches on the DB to have a chance at getting it at the high point because he either under throws it or throw a rope two feet above Scott’s reach. I’m not frustrated with our overall record, I am frustrated with our record in the past four games. VERY frustrated.

Johnny Utah
      Ute Fan
      @johnnyutah

Yes.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

@ute98 if I was coach I would run one of the best running backs (Booker) in the country as much as possible.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Should we have been running two or three different backs this year?