Shout out to all the Veterans on the board.

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Thank each and every one of you for your service.

I never know if I’m a vet or not, I served, but National Guard, and not during a designated time of conflict. My 9 years was bracketed by Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. I qualify for VA home loans, but not veteran’s preference for government jobs. I feel like I’m lost in the twilight zone, oh and my four and a half years of active duty time are not eligible for buying back to add to my Civilian government service because they were Title 32 not Title 10. Anyway, thanks all the REAL veterans for your willing sacrifices.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

You’re a real veteran, dude. You voluntarily signed up for a job where you were expected to defend slobs like me if called upon. Just because you weren’t called upon doesn’t mean you’re not for real. Thanks for being willing to put your life on the line for me and my family.

You’re as real as it gets. Happy Veterans Day to you and all the other “real” veterans.

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

There is no question you are a veteran.  Approximately 7% of the U.S. population have served.  That number is droppoing.  Some estimates say that it will be less than 2% of the population that serve in the military from the current generations.  We are truly an all volunteer force.  You signed your name and agreed to go if called upon.  You are a veteran.  I am still on Active Duty one of my good friends on Active Duty has been in since 2002.  He has never been called on to deploy, due to timing of being moved and jobs he has been doing.  He is no less a military member or veteran than those who have deployed multiple times.  

Take the title of veteran with pride and without reservations.  You earned it.  Thank you for being one who willingly accepted the responsibilities required by taking the oath and wearing the uniform.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Shout out to all the Veterans on the board.