Signing day

Viewing 4 reply threads

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Last year the Utes were able to make a couple big flips on signing day and the next few days after. Has anyone heard if we’re looking at doing that again this year or is this class pretty much set at the commits we currently have until the next signing day which I think is in February?

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

Not sure if this is still accurate but I’ve heard Costelli is trying to flip Junior Alexander from Arizona State. I’ve also heard Jay Toia is only softly committed to USC and wanted to take an official visit to Utah before signing day.

I believe we are also in the hunt for Ceyair Wright but he also seems to be a complete mystery. He’s often listed as a USC lean but nothing I’ve read has been confident about where he’s headed. He isn’t committing until January, so I would think that he’ll be looking at who else has signed at each of his schools and I imagine he’ll make a decision based on where he has the best chance to start immediately. Again, everything on him seems at best a guess but we seem to have as good a chance as anyone. I think Jaylon and Phillips  provide good momentum for us to recruit elite CBs, especially out of California.

And of course there’s Siaki Ika. Sounds like everyone is after him but Oregon especially. Hopefully with Cristobal being up in the air a bit maybe Oregon looks at least temporarily less attractive.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

On the flip side of this, I fully expect some schools to throw a last-second hail mary to flip Ethan Clavert away from us.  I’m sure he’ll stick, but it does worry me a little.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

So do the players entering the portal open scholie spots, we can immediately use on the incoming class?

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

I believe there is a cap on the incoming class. Transfers work just under the overall scholarship total though, I believe. I could be wrong though

Ben
      Ute Fan
      @argentino15

The reports are sounding like there won’t be much drama. For good for for bad.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Thinking Siaki Ika may be coming home for DT help… transfer

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.