Silencing the SC band

Viewing 7 reply threads

BoxerUte
      Ute Fan
      @erichagen

Did anyone else enjoy the way the Rice Eccles DJ/announcer silenced the SC band Saturday night?

I know they must have played there fight song continually all night, however I did not hear them. Everytime they tried to play the Rice Eccles DJ/announcer silenced them with Bon Jovi or some other song. 

Even with the cringey cauldron lighting my hat is off to our DJ/announcer. Hell of a job !!!

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

It was perfect. They scored 6 times and I didn’t hear that bulls**t tribute to troy (“this is the only song we know, we like to play it fast and slow”) once. Also good to see they put them at the top of the stadium.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I couldn’t hear them at all from the NEZ.  We camped out at the Green Pig downtown for the afternoon and it was overrun with SC fans.  I thought they were going to take over the stadium, but that wasn’t the case at all.  There were definitely more visiting fans than usual but it wasn’t obnoxious by any means.  For the SC fans that were there, I love thinking of the $500/ticket they spent only to watch their team lose in a heartbreaking fashion.  Not only that, but their Dodgers choked too.  It was a good night if you dislike L.A. sports fans.

3 2

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I’d love a policy excluding opposing bands from the stadium.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Easily the most horrific tradition in CFB playing that awful song over & over again…..It’s torture having to endure it!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

You know the first Freedom Bowl against USC everything about their band blew me away.  Such a large band, perfect sound, awesome unies, something so different at that level.  Very impressive.  Today, all we see here is the spirt band playing the same 15 second jingle on an endless loop.  Justice would be they sit with their own ticket allotments.  I could not imagine remaining sane for the very poor folks siting in front of that.  Would it not be better to listen to a child push one of those old popper things around your chair for hours?

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

I sit in S3 and was worried about hearing them. For being so close I barely ever heard them, and when I did it would be for no more than 5 seconds as our band and guy MCing did a good job.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

The U$C band hit their zenith on Fleetwood Mac’s “Tusk” album. Youngsters on this board, look it up…

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Not sure whether it was our decision or their decision, but in the past they’ve been at the front of the visiting section, but this time they were at the very top.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I was thrilled, that I did not hear one note of that band all night. 

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

They’re so annoying-good riddance.

I was out in my yard about six years on a Saturday morning around 7 years ago and I was wondering why I could hear a band playing. As I drove by the local high school soon after I saw that the USC band was practicing. I live about 3/4
      Of a mile uphill from the school so the noise carries up a lot of the time. Since this was very unusual I got out of the car and I was very surprised to hear they knew how to play more than two songs.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Silencing the SC band