Silver Lining to Hansen missing fall camp

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

The fact he may miss a couple of games isn’t something that is being sprung on the coaches at the last minute. Blair is going to be getting starter reps for the duration of fall camp and will be as prepared as possible to start if needed, rather than Chase taking most of the reps and then being ruled out the beginning of week 1. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I had the same thought. One would “think” we have the talent and coaching to win the first 2-3 games without playing Chase.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Ugh, just logged in and saw this. This sucks, no way spinning it otherwise. Chase is arguably the most important player on the defense. Not only is he one of the best 2-3 players on the defense, but without him we will now be replacing all 5 positions in the secondary…that is brutal. 

Even if Blair steps up and does a good job filling in, there’s no one who can replace his defensive playmaking. Just hoping and praying he is back for the BYU game. 

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Not that I don’t believe you but uhmmm where did you hear this and do you have a link, just to appease my inner voice of “I don’t wanna believe you cause I don’t like this news”

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is a training camp “injury.”

He’ll be ready to start the season.

radioUte
        Ute Fan
        @radioute

This is a training camp “injury.”

He’ll be ready to start the season.

This isn’t just a camp “injury.” This is a sports hernia surgery that will sideline him for 8 weeks.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Silver Lining to Hansen missing fall camp