Site issues

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Went out to dinner to celebrate the Utah Basketball overtime victory over byu and when I went to check the site it wasn’t working.  Something is eating up all the server’s resources. Trying to figure it out.  

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Just an FYI the site is neatly impossible to use right after most closely contested games. Not for a couple hours, but an hour or so. Happens a lot.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wonder if the server is currently under attack. Or wondering if perhaps the massive thread on the home page in the topic I started is causing it. That shouldn’t be enough to bring the whole server down.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

clearly a ddos by mark pope. He was pretty sour after that one

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Sincerly, Tony, thank you for the level of dedication and support that you provide for this great site.   SH17 happens, particulaly in the technology realm, and the fact that you take a few minutes away from the site to have dinner in celebration of a win for the object of this site, and are then right back to work, is impressive.

Thank You Tony!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks for that comment. That’s the first real “outage” since the site opened over 4 years ago and I wonder WHY it happened.  I have some ideas and hope to do some work in the offseason to make the site more efficient.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Site issues