Sling or Fubo

Viewing 6 reply threads

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I think there was a discussion earlier on this but for the life of me I can’t find the thread. 

I was thinking about getting Sling for football and basketball season since they don’t have the Utah games on the local channels here, but I saw that Fubo has the p12 network now to. 
      Has anyone used either/both? Which one is better? 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I used Sling a few years ago and it worked fine for me. I heard a lot of people complaining about Sling freezing up during the game, but others had zero issues.

I have no idea about Fubo. I looked into getting it and it is around $40 with the sports pack (which includes PAC networks). It may be a good option for people.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

It looks like Fubo has a deal for $35 for a sports pack right now. It might not be a bad way to go. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Fubo is new to me but I just read the Pac12 has a new contract with them. What is fubo?

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I checked into it a bit and it bills itself as a “live-sports-first” streaming provider.  They started as a service aimed at people interested in live international soccer games, presumably the name fubo being derived from Futbol.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

That is great, because live sports is just about the only remaining reason to keep cable or satellite right now.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Is it a device like a roku or an app for your computer or mobile or some other platform?

Stone
            Ute Fan
            @stone

FOBU is an app/service. You can use it with Chromecast, AppleTV, Amazone Fire, Roku, etc. I ordered it last night after seeing the ticker and reading about it. I will let you know how it goes.

fosternano
              Ute Fan
              @fosternano

Thanks! 😁

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Ah cool.  I’m about to get Pac-12 turned back on so maybe Fobu is in the running.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m trying to see SlingTV’s packages. Their home page has NOTHING linking to packages with pricing that I can find. Looks like Fubo doesn’t have ESPN.

Virginia Ute
      Ute Fan
      @virginiaute

Don’t know about Fubo, but I just tried Sling yesterday for the game for the first time.  It froze up a lot.  This probably has more to do with my internet than problems with Sling itself, but because of all the freezing I’m on the line setting up Dish for the rest of the season as I type this. 

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

My SlingTv post from two days ago

I watched the game on SlingTV last night on two different devices.

I had a couple small glitches last night, nothing major, more like a milisecond pause.

I think the key is using a streaming stick instead of AppleTV or something else needing a lot of Mbps to get HD. I’d guess I was getting the stream somewhere around 720p.

I also looked at Fubo and noticed they didn’t have ESPN. One other channel I found on SlingTV was ESPN Redzone, I’ll definitely be watching that channel on Saturdays to keep up on games when I don’t have one particular one I’m dedicated to at the time. 

It also appears Fubo might be a bit more pricewise for what you get. Just my quick observations.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks. Been reading more. Sounds like I’m going to do what I did last season and go Sling orange plus blue plus pac-12.  Then I can watch it on up to 4 devices. I have 2 rokus, plus may need to watch the zoob game on my mobile in an airport.

LVUte
      Ute Fan
      @texute

Watched on Sling here yesterday, got the free 14 day trial with Amazon fire stick. Did the orange plus sports package, worked fine for us. Excited to use the red zone channel tomorrow.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Wait, what’s the red zone channel? I didn’t see that? 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Sling or Fubo