So a Florida radio host compared Utah and Florida position by position

Viewing 7 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I did not hear it, but this is what I heard that he said:

QB is a tossup.  WR and Oline are an advantage to FL.  Utah has a small advantage at RB and an advantage at tight end.

I could accept this.  But, I heard that he said that FL is equal or better at every defensive position group.  I don’t know the specifics about FL’s defense.  However, they struggled last season and their leading tackler is now a Ute.  They gave up 52 points to Samford.  They gave up 164 yards a game rushing, which bodes well for the Utes IMO.  So, I find it odd that he would say FL’s defense is much better than the Utes.

Does anyone know more specifics about FL’s defense?

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

They seem to equate talent to recruiting rankings and not on the field production. They also see the PAC as inferior. Let them eat crow.

7 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Massey’s system rates Utah’s defense 28th, Florida’s 34th.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

We’ll see who is right come Sept. 3rd

1 1

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Massey does a good job.  So, I suspect that he is close with his analysis.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Typical SEC arrogance nothing more

Gator QB Richardson has all the talent in the world can be very very inconsistent. He can throw 5 TDs or 5 ints.

I’ve heard Scalley is putting some very unique coverages to try and surprise him. Biggest worry is his ability to scramble out of the pocket and extend plays.

Florida honks are also saying little ole Utah won’t be able to handle 90,000 fans or the humidity.

Florida will be fired up no doubt. Utah can’t let them score early. Can’t let this turn into a shootout.

Long sustained drives by Utah keep Richardson and company off the field. Limit possession don’t let them get in a rhythm offensively. Make Richardson press which will create turnovers.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

FL’s strength offensively is running the football.

But overall, what’s going to really hurt them is lack of depth, whereas we’re deep all over the field.

I predict a 35-14 final score, as we’ll gradually overwhelm them & turn it into a rout.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I just did some research on their new coach and he is apparently a run-first kind of guy like KW.  So, our run defense may be the most important.  

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Good. I hope they keep disrespecting Utah, and I hope both teams listen carefully.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Some more info on Florida’s QB room.

Both backups are dealing with injuries

One has a thumb injury and the other has an “undisclosed” injury.

Both could be ready by game time or both could be out but if the both are out Florida with have a true freshman or a walk on backing up AR.

If that’s the case I see Florida going run heavy to protect Richardson and limiting his designed run plays cause if he goes down they are screwed at QB

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

If our O-line is cohesive we should do well… If they start like last year… Let’s not think about that.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So a Florida radio host compared Utah and Florida position by position