So, are the powers in the Pac 12 regretting over turning the targeting call?

Viewing 9 reply threads
      3 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Had WSU won that game – they would be in the mix for the final four.  That one over turned call may have cost the conference big time.  It was a horrible call at the time and now it really stings.  HUGE mistake!!!

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

The targeting call that was overturned was when a Wazzu player hit JT Daniels while he was taking a knee. The over turned call favored Wazzu. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Let me clarify some more. He is referenig to Jayden Daniels of the Hallandale trio. /s

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

Great news, but wrong thread :). 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I was referring to the no-call on Gustin.  I thought (mistakenly I guess) that the third party got involved in that no-call too.  It was certainly targeting and should have been called even though it was missed on the field.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

The targeting call that was overturned would have gone against WSU. The call that was missed was against porter gustin and USC. The overturning of the first call may have led the refs to not call the gustin hit, but that’s just speculation

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

If I recall correctly, the ‘third-party’ overturned call went against USC and benefited WSU. The no-call on Porter Gustin hit that Leach made a fuss about, that’s a seperate issue.

McBride of Frankenstein
        Ute Fan
        @mcbrideoffrankenstein

‘third party’ you mean the man who needs to be fired?  what a wanker is that guy

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

If I remember right, the overturned call benefitted WSU as a WSU player targetted JT Daniels and the call you’re complaining of was actually a missed call on Gustin.

I just wanted to make that clear.

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

If my memory serves me correctly, the targeting call that was overturned ended up benefitting WSU. There was a no-call later on in the game where they should have ejected Gustin, and didn’t.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

Correct.  It’s probably that they should regret not being consistent in the officiating of the rule.  That is really the problem.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/sep/26/larry-scott-controversial-hit-from-usc-washington-/

They looked at it over the weekend and Larry Scott said it was very close.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I am still not clear on this topic.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’ve been wondering about this too. You’d have to believe that they are. WSU not only has a loss, but now it’s turned into a loss to a very average team.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I think you are mistaking that for the missed targeting call that should have been called on USC when Wazzu was driving down the field in their last drive. It would have given them a first down and put them well into field goal range. It was an egregious non call as it was text book targeting. Way moreso than the BS that has been called across the conference since.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, are the powers in the Pac 12 regretting over turning the targeting call?