So, conspiracy theory time.

Viewing 5 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Urban is visiting Utah this month because Whitt is retiring this year and UM will take over.

I give my crazy ass theory a .000000001% chance of being right.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Crazy theory for sure, but interesting to consider. 

Urban has had some controversy since leaving but he seemed to do things the right way when he was here. I would welcome him back in a heartbeat if/when Kyle decides to retire. He is 5 years younger than Kyle so it makes sense he could come back and have a nice 5 to 10 year run before retiring himself. 

I think the fact we are in the Pac-12 now definitely makes it more than a pipe dream that he would come back and I think he would enjoy the lack of pressure that he would be under compared to when he was at Florida and Ohio State; that same pressure that would come with coaching a team like USC.

wcrunner
      Ute Fan
      @wcrunner

Or did he make the visit because he is the new Fox sports football analyst?

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Shut up with your reality and facts.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

You know, I actually think this is more likely than we’d all think.  Looking at it logically, Utah was okay with trying to bring RichRod in as an OC, and the allegations against him were way worse than those against Meyer.  So right away, the controversy doesn’t seem like it would be an issue, at least with the program, can’t speak for all of the fans.  Then, as @UteThunder mentioned, it’s a lot calmer here.  He’s got his 3 Natty’s already, plus multiple coach of the year awards, so not really much more he can accomplish as a coach.  I imagine he’s not hard up for cash, and Utah would probably offer him as much as they possibly could anyway.  He ‘s got people here that love him.  He’s coming into a stable team with a fanbase that has mostly reasonable expectations.  It’s a job with the potential for glory, but not yearly Natty expectations.  I dunno, doesn’t seem unreasonable to me, especially with the problems he’s had with stress.  Won’t happen, but doesn’t seem crazy to me.

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

More likely he’s scouting out the PAC until the USC HC job opens up later this fall.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Wasn’t this the same garbage that went around when Chip Kelly had  the Utah handbook at the Foster Farms bowl game? Everybody freaking out, “Kelly is the new OC at Utah”… If anything other than a courtesy visit to help Utah control the hype and Whitt pulling some strings, I could see Meyer in an advisory position but that would be the extent of it.  Whitt just signed a new contract until 2023…

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

True. But I’m sure Whitt can retire whenever he wants. He has said that if certain things happen or he reaches a certain age, he retires. If the Utes win the PAC 12 and reach the Rose Bowl/CFP, it wouldn’t be a huge surprise to see him retire.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, conspiracy theory time.