So generally what should our expectations be in the Pac 12?

Viewing 4 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I was thinking the other day, and wondering what is a good year in the Pac 12 for Utah? I would say anything 7-2 or better totally exceeds my expectations. 5-4 or 6-3 in conference meet my expectations, 4-5 might meet expectations depending on the strength of the conference. Anything 3-6 or below in the conference in any year does not meet my expectations.

4-5 this year would have met my expectations due to playing Stanford, USC, WSU and Washington. Had we played Cal and Oregon St. anything less then 5-4 would not meet my expectations. Of course different teams will have down years so replace Cal and Oregon St with whomever the two bottom dwellers might be. If all the teams in conference go 3-0 OOC, that also would impact my opinion.

5-4 or 6-3 would almost always meet my expectations. 7-2 or better generally will exceed expectations. Unless we tie for the Pac12 South three years in a row and still don’t make the championship game. That would raise the bar.

Overall season, the first time we make the Rose Bowl… That year will definitely exceed my expectations, regardless of overall record. Most years I would say 7-5 to 8-4 meets expectations. 9 wins or more exceed, and 11 or more wins… I’m over the moon. Though 2015 and those 10 wins, were a bit of a letdown due to the bowl opponent.

1 1

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

It’s all about incremental progress.  My expectations are to appear in the P12 championship game.  If we can achieve that, my expectations will increase, but not until then.

With that said, it’s pretty amazing what Utah has accomplished so far:

– Winning conference seasons in 2014, 2015, and 2016

– Come very, very close to winning the South a few times

– Beaten every P12 team at least once since joining

– Finished with a top 25 ranking three seasons in a row

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

As much as the loses really sucked this year, I thought the team progressed a good amount for all the inexperience that we started with. I’m keeping in mind that the only games we weren’t right there to win at the end was the ASU and Oregon games. Next year I’m betting more of those go our way. My expectations are to go at the minimum to a bowl game every year and in most years get 8-10 wins. If we can maintain that level then we will win the south at some point.

1 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Until Utah has a stable of 4* recruits across the o-line, d-line, LB’s, secondary and WR’s it’s 5-7 wins. 8+ is exceeding. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Top 25 recruiting class just happened right? According to Stars and stuff. 

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

1- not even close, Utah hasn’t had a top 30 recruiting class according to 247

2- how long does it take to gain experience and be a factor at this level? 2-3 years? So last year’s best recruiting class has a mid 3* average and still two years away… SMH.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

No, #33 I believe is the highest in program history from any site.

ragtownute
      Ute Fan
      @ragtownute

These are my expectations for the program. It’s crazy to think we should expect more. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So generally what should our expectations be in the Pac 12?