So I guess this happened…

Viewing 5 reply threads

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Other than the dorkiness of it all, what’s the problem?

Red Dawn
        Ute Fan
        @ranger15

Honestly, I’m not sure either

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

White guys dressed as tacos! That is super insensitive! I mean seriously who advertises a delicious food item universally loved by all like that with an alliterative name like Taco Tuesday!!!

6 1

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

People are way too sensitive these days.  The flags they are holding in their mouths make no sense, but they aren’t doing anything offensive.  

3 4

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

The only offensive thing here is holding the flags of Argentina and Bolivia. I was born in Argentina, spent time in Bolivia. I promise you that tacos are as foreign and rare in those countries as eating dogs is in America.

Leave it to BYU-P types to assume that all of Latin America must be like Mexico.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

If by “BYU-P types” you mean “everyone in America” then I agree. I would guess that the BYU student body in general would be more likely to understand the diversity of Central and South America because of the amount of missionaries that would have served in those countries. So yeah, probably not the greatest promotional idea and the choice of Argentine and Bolivian flags is strange (and as you point out, incorrect), but let’s not try to paint them as being any different than the rest of the country in this regard.

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

I do agree with the statement that says Utah and particularly Provo is a whole other world.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

I just don’t get the over sensitivity to this type of thing. If someone dresses up as a potato at a restaurant I sure wouldn’t take offense to it even though I’m from Idaho. Our society needs to a chill pill.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo So I guess this happened…