So I turned to 700 on my way to store.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      4 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The whole Spence show thing. So I thought well let’s see if he is still an arrogant ass. He is talking about gambling and stuff. Then he talks about basically that moderation is a strength of his or some such thing. I rolled my eyes so badly I am glad my car has lane assist. 

Anyways I give it a few months so Mrs Gunther can hope for his show to return. I flipped to 1280 and listening to Gordon talk about the QBs in Utah made me laugh as well. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I think he’s trying hard and has something to prove but I did love the interview with Andy Larson from the Trib about the Jazz. If he can stick to high quality guests, he can have a good show.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Where do you guys find all this time to listen to these dudes??? I’m lucky if I get to listen to a little pregame and postgame. Me jelly.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

On the commute home. 35 minutes from downtown SLC to Cottonwood Heights during rush hour.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I had time for about ten minutes on my drive back from Harmon’s. 

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I just listend to him talk to Yogi Roth. It was a good interview and he asked good questions. Not sure where all the hate comes from.

3 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Alcoholic with multiple DUIs talking about moderation?? You don’t get the hate?  Hypocrisy that’s what I hate and Spence is the personification of it.  

Maybe I just have poor timing or something but it seems odd to me. It’s like when I tune in I have confirmation bias on the media in general. Or maybe I just listen and actually comprehend what they are saying. I did listen to 1280 this morning for about 20 minutes and PK was basically bagging on TDS. It is pretty funny but the first I have heard them admit Utah has the better program top to bottom. 

pics
          Ute Fan
          @pics

I listened to most of his show today and he said he learned moderation the hard way. He has taken full responsibility for his past issues from what I have seen. He is already night and day better than Gunther. I think we need to give him some time and see how his show develops. BTW, he also had a nice interview with Scalley today.

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

I know him personally, and while he can come off as c**ky, he isn’t the guy you may think he is. It has been a while since I have seen him, and he has had a lot of issues, but he isn’t the hypocrite you may think he is. At least he wasn’t around me. You can think whatever you want about him, I won’t tell you not to, but in my experience, he isn’t a bad guy. In fact, he has always been a good friend to me.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Radio personality vs real life. I know it may seem like I am trying to insult him personally but from radio standpoint I am not a fan. 

I generally don’t listen to local sports radio anymore. I am a Dan Patrick podcast guy though. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Spence is solid as a radio interview. No one shat on Dennis Erickson. Give him a(nother) chance. Maybe consider a non-traffic title for the show…

Would definitely be better if Gordon Monson was his partner so he could slap Gordon audibly every time. Speaking of unforgivable.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc So I turned to 700 on my way to store.