So many byu fans chastise Utah fans who drink for being drunks and heathen

Viewing 7 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Yet not an insignificant amount of byu players, who they cheer for every Saturday, enjoy those same adult beverages.

Many byu fans speak about how they can’t imagine any self respecting member of the LDS church being a Utah fan, as they share a fan base with those they classify as anti LDS. The president of the religion is a Utah fan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The double standard has been around longer than I have. I’m a heathen if I drink (even responsibly), but it’s morally fine for them to screw their 85 year old grandma out of her retirement money selling her some pyramid scheme BS.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

A signficiant portion of their fan base drinks too. Whether they want to admit that or not. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

70% of the church is inactive. Attending church ONCE a month = ACTIVE member. 

If 60% of Utah is LDS, and 35% is active, then 21% of Utah attends meetings once a month, at a minimum. 

Shocking stats. 

The state of Utah is not what those old men think it is. 

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Why does this need to be a discussion on religion.  It’s Utah against BYU.  There are good Mormons on both sidea and there are hypocrite Mormons on both sides.  There are athesiests and Catholics on both sides.  Granted, BYU is a Mormon school.  Are there jerks down there?  Sure there are.  Are there jerks on our side? Absolutely.

I know BYU fans who drink.  Who gives a crap.  There are arrogant, holier-than-thou BYU fans for sure.  But, I don’t care.  I only care that we beat them in every sport possible.  I don’t wish bad on anyone including BYU fans.

There are a handful of BYU fans who complain about Carrington.  Who cares?  We have complained about certain BYU basketball players not being disciplined.  Oh well.

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

I think it’s hard to avoid the religion aspect though.
            We can try to be pc about it but it’s called the Holy war for a reason.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

On the other hand, sometimes us LDS-Ute fans find ourselves asking how we manage to share a religion with those thick headed jerks.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

They’re a product of Mormon Culture, which has kind of become the antithesis of what the LDS church represents.  It seems like its on it’s way out, hopefully at least.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m in property management, and you see the evidence when families vacate premises. They hang temple pics and such in the living room. Meanwhile, there’s a full garbage can of empty vodka bottles, and about a thousand cartons of cigarette butts in the garage. This happens a lot, I mean frequently.

COFfrom83
      Ute Fan
      @coffrom83

Which team honored a deceased LDS apostle with helmet stickers in the 2009 Sugar Bowl?

Hint, it wasn’t the team down south

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

One thing about the “drinking” subject that has always bugged me is that this type of zoo fan you are describing assumes that anyone who has a drink is instantly a drunk.  Naive. 

1 1

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

This describes the thinking not just of the tds fan, but also our legislature.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

This describes the thinking not just of the tds fan, but also our legislature.

Exactly.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I honestly think it’s an outspoken minority who act holier than thou these days. Losing so often has taken some of the smugness away, hopefully forever.

We have our fair share of smugness and generalizations as well. I used to work downtown and was amazed at all the people with am ax to grind against all things Mormon.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So many byu fans chastise Utah fans who drink for being drunks and heathen