So many byu fans “guaranteeing” and “promising” a win over Utah this year

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

This is shocking. Is what i would say if it hadn’t been the same thing they said last off-season, and each of the last 4 years.

One of these times they will be right. At least I think. And then they will say “SEEEE??!”

They get fed this trough by the media of how much Utah has lost to the NFL and how their offense and defense are going to be the best they’ve ever had. And then they lose despite being the better team. Every year. Ain’t it the darndest thing 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Yeah. Didn’t they force 6 TO’s vs Utah and Boise St and lost BOTH games? I’d bet that has NEVER happened.

They suck. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Pick while we are driving for a TD (which should have been negated by the targeting call on the play, leading to a 1st down on their ~30).

Pick in the end zone.

If we even convert chipshot FGs on both of those drives, then we win by more than a TD. If we converted TDs, then the game is a huge blowout.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Awww, good for them.  Bless their hearts!

One of these years they will beat us, and it could very well be this year.  But they will need to bring their A game for the entire 60 minutes, get every lucky bounce, and not make any mistakes to pull off the win.  If they win it will be because they played a tremendous game, and that is something they will and should be proud of doing.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I’d rather a W over USC than BYU. If over the next 5-10 years the South Champ continually comes down to Utah or USC, the holy war rivalry will be a thing of the past.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Me too. Beating usc carries so much more clout on every level. But I still hate byu and I do enjoy beating them a lot, even if i don’t see the benefit of it beyond watching them lose 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Totally agree. At this point I consider USC our most bitter rival. Beating them is much more important.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I wish I could say that, but I just can’t. The affiliation that that team has with the church that has made so many kids lives miserable growing up in this state…I just have to hate them and want that win too much. USC is a close second though.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So many byu fans “guaranteeing” and “promising” a win over Utah this year