So, that's what happens

Viewing 3 reply threads
      2 3

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

When you subtract four NFL lineman, an NFL RB and a nails LS. I’m gonna throw in losing Snacks as being glaringly obvious as well.

This was a huge deflation, but I think it puts some things into perspective:

Troy Williams did not win 9 games for us last year.

Moss and DHC are not Joe Williams.

Joe Williams did not win 9 games for us last year.

Long snappers are like side pieces – never forget that a bad one can bring you all the way down.

Sack Lake City is dead.

We are still good enough to win 7-8 games this year.

Go Utes

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

??? DHC averaged 7.9 yds per carry and Moss 5.3.  Taylor shouldnt have abandoned the run with as bad as Williams was playing.  Take away a few bad special teams snaps and have average QB play and we win.  Defense did just fine(outside of 3 runs).  Williams missed open WRs all night.  We have the talent to win, now we just need our QB back.

shakeitsugaree
        Ute Fan
        @shakeitsugaree

I’m not saying they didn’t perform well, just that neither is showing that ‘carry the team’ aspect that Joe brought last year – the ability to break tackles, is what specifically comes to mind.

Also, there were more than a few bad snaps – Wishnowski had to leave his feet almost every snap to get to the ball.

Williams did miss open WRs all night – he just seems to panic if there’s any pressure, and there was pressure all night long.

So, yeah – we have talent – teams don’t win 7-8 games without talent. I just don’t see us beating the best teams in the conference.

shakeitsugaree
          Ute Fan
          @shakeitsugaree

One more thing:

The ‘Joe Williams did not win 9 games for us last year’ was an allusion to last year’s stellar offensive line. I think the run blocking has been mostly fine, but pass protection has been just awful.

What I’m trying to say is that 9 wins last year was a summation greater than any of the individual parts of last year’s team. I don’t think this year’s ‘sum’ of all our parts will be as great.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Watch the game again without emotion. You are overreacting. 

shakeitsugaree
        Ute Fan
        @shakeitsugaree

In what way?

I said we win 7-8 games – not sure how that’s overreacting.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

This is a much tougher schedule and the North is improved. I still see plenty of NFL talent but to say Sack Lake City is dead with injuries. Fitts was out all game. Anae I found out was limited.

Offense is the same as always. 

shakeitsugaree
            Ute Fan
            @shakeitsugaree

Again, I said 7-8 wins. Do you think we get more? Is that why I’m overreacting?

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Did Fitts play last night?

Kyle has got to get the snapping bs figured out. I dare say that cost us the game as much as Troy’s picks.
      Run game has improved, but pass protection is bad. Troy isn’t quick enough on his feet and with decisions to overcome it. Maybe Bateman is, we know Huntley is. 

shakeitsugaree
        Ute Fan
        @shakeitsugaree

Fitts did not play.

My comment about Sack Lake City being dead isn’t necessarily a bad thing. After we got John Pease to DC for a season, I realized how much Sitake’s penchant for gaudy sack numbers cost us.

My issue is that we didn’t generate a whole lot of pressure on Stanford’s QBs. This didn’t hurt too badly against Stanford because they don’t pass a whole lot. Against WSU or UW, hell even USC’s MASH unit Oline – we will get torched.

I’m truly puzzled by the negativity regarding my comments. Are there legitimate arguments against my points, or do you guys just not like that I said Sack Lake City is dead?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, that's what happens