2 2

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute
      3 5

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

So are you saying they are better outside or inside their program?

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

I didn’t make any assertions either way, just stated the current situation.  Would the same number of players be infected or quarantined if they were at home?  Since it’s impossible to prove a negative, I can’t say.

The bigger question for me is what happens when this same scenario plays out in week 4 of the season, and happens across multiple teams.  Then what?

1 2

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

You tell us.

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

Tell you what?  My opinion?  Ok here goes.

I have no idea.

If they were at home, would these kids be out partying and have a higher risk of getting in trouble and/or infected?  Maybe.  Would an equal number of them recognize the negative impact that would have on their athletic career and choose to stay out of trouble and away from others?   Also maybe.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle, I expect.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’d also add that when I was a college athlete a lifetime ago, there was a hell of a lot more chance of me getting in trouble when I was at school than when I was at home.

School was all about parties, beer, and general shenanigans, while home was generally about sitting abound being bored.

4 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Agreed but generally they have a leg up when it comes to healthcare inside the program. That is why I think they play the season with empty stands. Test players day to day. 

7 3

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Better to get it now and be done with it than during the season. Herd immunity is the way to go.

4 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

An opinion piece I really enjoyed related to this matter: DNews Link

The irony is pretty real and being exposed heavily in 2020. I blame privilege.  No not of a particular race or sex. Rather the privilege that exists in this country of taking everything you have for granted. 

@Skinyute

7 4

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

TRUTH

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

My mom said that her doctor was “quite handsy” when he tested her last week.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So, this is going well