So vegas has byu favored by 1.5

Viewing 6 reply threads

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

That seems really, really strange to me. I expected a line of Utah at least -6.5. Vegas is right more often than it is wrong. They must be really down on the Utes this year. No way you could watch BYU these last two weeks and pick them to beat a top 25/30 team. 

1 2

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

I’ve se n lines of Utah favored by 3.5 to the line you mention Looks like the book is trying to balance out the money
      Can’t decide if I want go down to that dump Saturday or ride my horse out to wendover and play some cards and bet the game

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Go bet your extra pelts on any line that has BYU favored. 

3 2

PorterRockwell
          Ute Fan
          @porterrockwell

I’m porter Rockwell not Jim Bridget or Jeremiah Johnson  J.J was a salty SOB though put the fear o god into the Indians. he’d of been hell on wheels with a Winchester and Sam colt 

Milton Vanderslice
            Ute Fan
            @miltonvanderslice

Wo wo wo, we are all friends.  Put the knives away.

FtheY
              Ute Fan
              @fthey

If you go to wendover, make sure you have your cup routine down like Mr. Holliday. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I will say Utah fans are way too confident. Utah is the better talent and probably team but this is a road rivalry game and it will almost assuredly be close. Weird stuff always happens in this game

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

I agree. I hope none of the love fest we have for the Utes clouds their concentration this week. I fully expect the coaches to have our guys hopped up and spoiling for a fight.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Normally I would agree, but look at the facts this year.  Mangum is horribly inaccurate, they have no running back to replace Jamaal Williams.  Utah’s defense is, as usual, pretty soild, though I’m a bit disappointed in the lack of sacks last week.  Part of that was the mobility of the UND QB, and that stat should be a point of motiviation for the squad this week.

The Zoobie defense is OK, but it seems that Utah has found some answers to prior red zone problems via Taylor and Huntley.

Home field advantage?  Ha, not really a factor in this series.

Even accounting for weird twists that tend to make this game closer than it should be….

Utah 31 BYU 16

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Last week vs North Dakota I don’t recall many stunts or blitzes. I think we played straight up on D for the most part.

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

…and this week perhaps they should also play vanilla and save all that for the Pac-12 games

COFfrom83
          Ute Fan
          @coffrom83

as far as home field advantage, I think Utah is 19-17-1 all-time at Rice Eccles South, aka LaVell Edwards Stadium. Hoping and expecting that goes to 20-17-1, but not counting chickens yet

mpute
      Ute Fan
      @mparker40

I noticed the line, too, and it seems that Vegas already has the advantage trimmed down to only a one-point advantage for yBu.

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/utah-byu-odds-september-9-2017-791208

I think I would rather go into this game down South as an underdog so it gives us just one more fact to prove ourselves against. 

Also, Huntley and his offensive crew need to make sure they continue to improve upon our red zone scoring ability, a stat I’m sure I don’t need to remind anyone we had one of the worst records last year in fbs.  

Lastly, if our D-line improves upon last game, which I think they will, I just cannot see the Mangum and crew being able to improve on their highly tepid rushing and passing yardage from their first two outings. 

Go Utes!

COFfrom83
      Ute Fan
      @coffrom83

I would suspect Whit has already posted the line somewhere in the locker room or will mention it in team meetings. His teams do NOT like to be disrespected.

5 1

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I agree with others, many Utah fans have gotten too confident. Though what matters is how Whit is working with the player’s mindsets, even though I’m sure they all saw the LSU game and blood in the water.

I will say that after how bad BYU has looked, if Utah loses this game I would worry about the season. No way our guys shouldn’t be able to contain their anemic offense and get some big plays with Taylor’s new schemes.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Utah was extremely bad against the spread last year. I wonder if that plays into it at all?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So vegas has byu favored by 1.5