So where does this season rank from my recollection?

Viewing 1 reply thread

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I think 2004 and 2008 which ended with BCS victories definitely rank ahead of this season.

I’ll just go back 25 years to 1990 and highlight possible comparable years.

1994 (10-2) with victories over Oregon and Arizona. This probably was a better year than this year, we finished higher in the rankings, though the year isn’t over yet.

1999 (9-3) with victories over WSU and then Fresno St. in the Vegas Bowl. Really? I don’t think it is close, that year we lost to BSU, CSU and Wyoming, but hey we beat Louisiana Monroe 42-0. I’ll take this year’s Oregon win with losses to USC, UCLA and Arizona. Even though they probably hurt more this year due to the early season success.

2003 (10-2) with victories over Cal and Oregon and losses to aTm and New Mexico. We beat Southern Miss in the Liberty Bowl and I was there. Cal and Oregon wins this year a wash. But the loss to Arizona shouldn’t hurt as much as the New Mexico win, but sadly it does. Still I’d take this year.

2007 (9-4) with victories over UCLA, Louisville and TCU. Losses to Oregon St., Air Force, UNLV, and BYU. Beat Navy in the Poinsettia Bowl. I’ll take this year.

2009 (10-3) with victories over USU, sJSU, and Louisville. Losses to TCU, Oregon, BYU. A victory over Cal in the Poinsettia Bowl. A victory in the bowl game and it isn’t close, but even so, I think I’d take this year due to victories over Michigan, Oregon, ASU and Washington. Win the bowl game and it isn’t close.

2010 (10-3) with victories over Pitt, SJSU, Iowa St. Losses to TCU and Notre Dame. And the loss 26-3 to BSU in the Vegas Bowl. I’ll that this year’s UM, Oregon, ASU and Washington wins.

The more I reflect on those four wins UM, Oregon, ASU and Washington the better I like this season. The only loss which really bugs is Arizona. UCLA and USC hurt but in the scheme of things aren’t as bad as some of those other losses in other good years.

So i’d have to put this year behind 2004 and 2008 and maybe 1994, but really if you compare this season to the past 25 years it’s still in the top 4. But that’s just my opinion.

I don’t get caught up in the poor offensive performance. Nobody complains about Stanford winning ugly, why do we complain about our UTES winning ugly.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

2003 is definitely on my list because that was the beginning of a new era for the Utes.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So where does this season rank from my recollection?