Some modern Baseball pitcher thinks he could strike out Babe Ruth every time.

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have to say I  believe him. Ok let’s ignore Ruth’s batting average, mound difference in height, and field difference. Just focus on one giant detail that this pitcher may be missing. Anyone know?  

Babe Ruth is dead yeah been dead for years. Pretty sure I could strike him out over his grave to. 

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I’d probably walk him on a 3-2 count.

Anonymous
        Inactive

You really think you could get two past him?

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Babe Ruth still has one of the fastest documented reaction times ever measured.  The science was new at the time, but the data was repeated and compared against modern athletes over the last 100+ years.  It is possible that pitcher could strike out Babe (BR also struck out more than nearly every player), but I sincerely doubt he could  consistently strike out The Bambino in his prime.

A better question for this pitcher is how he would hold up if he pitched 35 complete games (Babe pitched in 41 games that season), as Babe did for the Red Sox in 1917?  Would he win 24 games in that kind of a season?  Could he hold up if he pitched 330+ innings per year?  Could he pitch back-to-back days?

And finally, does he think he could break Babe’s AL record of shutouts in the postseason (a record Babe still holds)?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yeah I mean ignore the data. He dead just bones. Muscle is necessary to swing a bat. So he is correct. 

But yeah I know the hypothetical silly things. Ruth hit an unbelievable average and had so many home runs in a pitching era. The mound height is something I think most modern pitchers wouldn’t be able to compete with.  He also was a flipping drunk and was amazing. It really shows how uneducated this pitcher is whose name I won’t even remember. 

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Quora is a lot of fun for hypothetical contests. Ali vs. Tyson, Bruce Lee vs. Brock Lesnar, Tolkien vs. Martin, etc. I get a kick out of reading the reasoning.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I want a hypothetical of a SEAL team 6 Sniper vs a Spartan Warrior. I wonder who would win…

Oh the answer is around 2600 ft per second would win.

Chidojuan
              Ute Fan
              @chidojuan

Spartan’s got my vote unless the SEAL had a gun.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I would hope a Sniper would have a gun. 

Chidojuan
                  Ute Fan
                  @chidojuan

Just realized I needed to expand your comment. Derp.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports Some modern Baseball pitcher thinks he could strike out Babe Ruth every time.