Some real-time football thoughts (as in what I’m thinking about right now)

Viewing 1 reply thread
      7 1

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Arizona’s defensive line is AWFUL. The kind of awful that will take years of recruiting and multiple coaching changes to repair.

UA’s Gunner Cruz reminded me of a freshman Travis Wilson, except for Wilson never threw for over 300 yards against BYU – lol!

Arizona’s offense put up over 400 yards on BYU and only came away with 16 points? Yikes.

I am not on the BAM train.

Utah’s Oline is still a liability.

I am very bullish on Tavian Thomas.

I wasn’t able to be at the game on Thursday, but I heard about the 4th quarter tribute in particular and thought “what a great idea.” I hope it brought some more peace to Ty’s family.

UCLA is going to have a good season.

I’m not sure what’s worse: the PAC12 North or Arizona’s DLine

Britain Covey is going to have a major highlight play next Saturday (and I hope it’s a punt return).

Brian Kelly is a universal jerk.

#10 is coming.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Bernard is the one to me. It felt like he blocked the best, rushed the best and was a weapon out of the backfield for passing. 

Thomas also shows huge promise but he is the two at this point. 

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Ah feelings! Word on the street is that you “hate stats to prove a point,” but I’ll be bullish on production to-date.

Bernard is fine, but he got half the # of rush touches Thomas did. Agree incorporating B into the passing game deepens our backfield arsenal. To me, Thomas looks faster, hits the hole quicker and looks like a better downhill runner with break-away speed.

100+ yards, 8.9 ypc, 2 TDs. Gimme more of that. I mean, I’ll happily take it from any RB, but Thomas is looking like a potential revelation after 1 game.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I said adding or subtracting stats.  Like when people say well if those drops didn’t happen or if Poo poo’ s qb didn’t have a 76 yard completion. 

Bernard is just better to my eye all around for the offense. That turnover also something to keeo an eye on. If Thomas goes another 30-40 carries without dropping the rock I won’t complain.

Hard to argue against those stats though. 

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Saw somewhere, maybe OnlyU?, Thomas is having some struggles with pass protection. Also, that fumble.  Pass pro and ball security are both workhorse job requisites.  Boring as they may seem.

Right now we’re tipping our hand with Thomas in the game. Would need confirmation, but I think each down he played in Thursday’s game was a run.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

As long as we’re talking about stats, Bernard played something like 36 or 37 snaps. Thomas played 15. Eagle is right, based off what we saw in the game, Bernard is RB1.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Some real-time football thoughts (as in what I’m thinking about right now)