some things to clean up on before next week

Viewing 1 reply thread

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

red zone has left a lot of points on the table. also having to go for it on too many 4th downs. i’m glad they are making most of them but i’d rather they start converting on 3rd

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

A few sloppy areas need work. TT looks out of shape. Penalties. Red zone. Kickoff cover.

KLars04
        Ute Fan
        @klars04

We’re having a really tough time on these third and short plays. Our rushing attack hasn’t been overly impressive tonight. We’ve had a couple of chunk plays but I worry about the rush game against a much better Oregon State next week.

1 3

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

the running game has me worried. i know they got 200 yards tonight but it just doesn’t fell as effective as usual. Glover isn’t ready for prime time yet, Bernard had only 11 carries the first 3 games and didn’t do much tonight.

The D won this game which is good but it’s going to be a big challenge next week. having a run game to lean on and finishing drives need to be the focus this week.

And is it just me or did Rising appear to have better touch last year? Doesn’t seem to be putting the ball in as good of spots but maybe the misses are just more obvious.

KLars04
          Ute Fan
          @klars04

Rising has been missing throws for sure. Lots of drops tonight from the receivers. Overall we have a lot to clean up if we want to achieve the goals the program has set for this season. With Oregon State, Washington State, Oregon and USC all playing well, we’ve got a tough road schedule. UCLA is undefeated but the verdict is still out on them with the schedule they have played.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football some things to clean up on before next week