Someone needs to talk to Whitt about not slandering Ludwig

Viewing 2 reply threads

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Before that final drive, the Utes were stuffed at the goal line by the Florida defense on the opening drive of the second half. That turnover on downs was a key moment in the game.

“The last fourth-and-goal, they made a nice stop on Tavion (Thomas) and kept him out of the end zone,” Whittingham said. “As you reexamine it, more creative play-calling is the first thing coach (Andy) Ludwig will tell you. Not quite as vanilla down there. Last year, we were a very good red-zone team. You’ve got to give a lot of credit to Florida for what they did down there.”

Red Zone Issues

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Hyperbole much?

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Thomas actually scores a TD on 4th down if he doesn’t fumble.

I think it went as a TO on downs but the replay clearly show Thomas crossing the goal line but without the ball because he fumbled at the 1 yard line.

BleedsRedUte
        Ute Fan
        @bleedsredute

If he fumbled the ball before being down, why isn’t the recovery in the endzone a touchdown? Sorry, I didn’t check what they specifically ruled on the play, just that it was not a touchdown.

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

He fumbled before he crossed the goal line. His momentum carried him into the endzone while Florida recovered it at the 1 yard line.

BleedsRedUte
            Ute Fan
            @bleedsredute

Ok, I thought Thomas ended up with it in the endzone.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Someone needs to talk to Whitt about not slandering Ludwig