Someone posted a question about greatest game they ever witnessed

Viewing 3 reply threads

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Someone posted about the 1995 Airforce game at Rice Stadium. There were only about 5000 of us fans there at the end. We were high fiving cops.

If you were one of the few of us who stayed and witnessed that last 3 or so minutes. Only those who were there can tell the story.

Cal Beck, Fuamatu Ma’afala(Chris), Kevin Dyson. Can you name the quarterback without looking? 

I’m going to guess it was Fouts.

Definitely the best Utes game endings of all time that only 5000-7000 fans got to see. Stadium was empty and we had the faith.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I was there and it was an amazing end to a poorly played game up to that point.  We scored 15 points in less than a minute, the last score was TD pass to Dyson after an onside kick.

it was a great comeback, but I think the 1972 Arizona game was a better comeback.  I was at that game as well. In that game we entered the 4th quarter down 27-0. We scored a couple of TDS on passes to Odom. However, we were still down 27-14 with about four minutes to go and Arizona was driving with the ball in our territory. They decided to pass, and Steve Marshall intercepted the pass and returned it for a TD. We kicked off and forced Arizona to punt. We drove down the field and scored the winning TD with 5 seconds left on a QB keeper by Van Gelder.  That remains the greatest comeback to me.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I was there for the AF game but missed the Ariz game you mentioned. The US Army joined me that year and I had to hear about the Ariz game in boot camp.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

That was me who posted about that. And yes, the QB was Fouts.

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

I was there with a friend of mine who decided to take off early. I stayed. To this day that friend refuses to leave a game early, no matter the score.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

We were all hugging each other in our section at the end of that improbable comeback.  

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

One thing to note about this comeback, is that year we had a big comeback to beat Fresno State a few weeks earlier (where lots of fans left early that time too).

We were sitting there at the Air Force game, watching people leave (the same ones who had missed the comeback against the Bulldogs) and were telling them they would be sorry.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Someone posted a question about greatest game they ever witnessed