Someone remind me why everyone hates Washington?

Viewing 5 reply threads
      8 10

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

It’s not their fault that the crooked front office of the PAC 12 decided they were the team that would get the benefit of the ref’s calls.

They play a good brand of football, they have a class act quarterback who has paid his dues, and they have a weird but wildly successful coach.

Is it just because we are Petersen’s bitch? Because I don’t think that’s enough to turn against your conference mate. Seems small time to me.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Do you think they were going after Covey?

1 1

loyter
        Ute Fan
        @loyter

I really don’t. I think they were playing football. Had Utah done those things to their receiver, we’d have all thought it was fine. Remember Palko? Halladay?

2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It is petty and I don’t care about the conference. Until they fire Larry Scott who cares about this s**t conference. 

loyter
        Ute Fan
        @loyter

This conference is the best thing that’s EVER happened to Utah. The money share Utah gets now is 10x or more what we used to get. Literally tens of millions of dollars pour into the U every year solely because of this conference affiliation. The PAC 12 is our bread and butter.

This is close to the dumbest comment I’ve ever seen.

1 3

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Could not agree more. A lot of Ute zoobs here who blame everthing on either refs/larry scott…weather ( it was a “humid” cold at the Holiday Bowl)   and defend coaching/ recruiting like they’re Kellyanne Conway.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Did you even read the expose in the Oregonian about Larry Scott and the absolute corruption and wastefulness of the Pac-12 head office?

Larry Scott has to go.

The conference is great, but it’s declining, and it’s his fault.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Not to mention the report of the PAC 12 front office making calls although they have no business doing so.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Until USC is good overall perception nationally of the conference will not change. Also Larry Scott is ruining this conference all the money is great but the value is going down. 

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

It’s their fanbase. It’s one thing to trash-talk but when you start gloating about hurting a player (Covey) and derive pleasure from that, you’re crossing a line.

5 4

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Yep, the whole UW fanbase wanted Covey hurt. SMH 

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

Nobody said the ‘whole’ fanbase. It was implied that I was referring to a part of their fanbase. However minuscule this part, it left a bad taste in my mouth.
          To be fair, I hated UW even before the Covey incident. The hate, if we can call it that, is purely limited to football. Outside of football, I don’t have anything against them.

14 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Their fans is why. I read a whole thread on one of their boards before the championship game where they were all calling for Covey to be hospitalized. 

User Suspended
        @a2ute

they were all” does this mean trolls on the UW board or the entire fanbase?

Kinda feels zoobish to hate the team because of a few comments on a fanboy board

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

To be fair, that was probably on Hardcore Husky.  They are the absolute dregs of CFG boards. They say things that would get people booted from ShaggyBevo.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Most of the Husky fans I know are great people.  Those who have been around since the Don James era are wonderful. Almost the entire fanbase at games cheer wildly for their team, and are Washington-Courteous to everybody else (almost like Canada-Courteous if you understand what that means).

It is largely the younger dillholes that throw everything out of whack, and most of those guys were in kindergarten or younger the last time UW went to the Rose Bowl in 2001. UW absolutely sucking every year, missing bowl games for 9 straight years, getting pounded by Oregon 12 straight years, going 0-12, having a straight-up murderer (allegedly…) on the team, surviving a couple of horrific coaching hires, having 0-, 1-, 2-, 4-, 5-, and 5-win seasons, and then finally clawing out of the sewer with Sark and Petersen over a 6 year rebuilding process to get back to the top of the heap.  People who had to live through that through most of their lives can be a bit over the top.

3 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m jealous and p**sed that Urban/Whitt did all the work and Petersen gets all the credit.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Fiesta Bowl today. They said BSU did the Hook and ladder to beat OU with Petersen….. idiots. 

2 3

loyter
          Ute Fan
          @loyter

Umm…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUCdfS0iTnY

Not only did they do exactly that, but they did it with 12 seconds left in the game on 4th and 18! Come on.
          Utah also ran that play, but it was when we were up 74-12 and it didn’t matter. Boise State’s was FAR more memorable.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

The point is that Boise St. Reaped what Utah sowed.

loyter
              Ute Fan
              @loyter

Boise State plays in the MWC. They didn’t reap s**t. Their bowl game paid out $1.2 million total. The Holiday bowl paid out $2.85 million.

Average revenue per school for MWC teams is about $1.6-3 million, depending on your source.
              Average revenue per school for PAC teams is about $24-30 million.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

That was one of the most impressive games ever. Texas over USC in the Rose Bowl in 2005 was the only one to top it, imho.  To run the H&L on 4th and 18, then run the Statue of Liberty fake on the 2 pt conversion?  Sheer, ballsy, brilliance. 

Who doesn’t love a classic Chokelahoma game?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Someone remind me why everyone hates Washington?