Soooooo…..

Viewing 2 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Are we playing anyone good this week in football? Should I bother watching?

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

I’m confused if this is a troll comment because ASU in my opinion is gonna be a competition. One of the better teams in the Pac 12 in general.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You should. CAN you watch is the key part in all of this. 

Have we got an explanation or has it been talked about why the P12 officials are able to whistle a play dead to evaluate the prior play? They have done it three times now all against Utah. Is this a new rule I am completely ignorant about? 

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

There’s not technically a rule that says they can’t blow the play dead as along as the call comes down before the snap of the ball. It’s still ridiculous and makes the conference and refs look even more inept.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

But they have done it three times well after the snap. In fact one was a punt they overturned after Covey caught the ball. The second the ball had been downed after a rush. The third and most recent Huntley had rushed it and got a first down then they reviewed it. I haven’t seen it occur in any other game but Utah’s.  

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Had there also been an explanation given as to why the Utah-Arizona St game had been relegated to the PACN?  I can understand why ABC picked up the UWa-Ore game, but why is ESPN2 airing Tuln-Mem and ESPNU showing Colo-Wash St…

…while the Utah-ASU game is on PACN?  

Obviously the Utah-ASU game is a bigger game!

1 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

P12 had second pick. So of course they take the game you know. Because it helps the s**tty network because everyone is going to go out and get the station for this week’s game. 

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

ABC/ESPN had the first pick and obviously took Oregon-Washington. Pac-12 Network had second pick and obviously went with the next best game available, Utah-ASU. Understandable from a “of course we take the best game available” approach, but not ideal for national exposure for the conference.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Fox didn’t have a pick this week, due to MLB playoffs I believe, which means that the PAC-12 had three including the second pick after ESPN. ESPN elected to broadcast the Oregon @ UW game and then PAC-12 Network selected the second best game (ASU @ UTAH).

The PAC-12 Network is a media company and its in their best interests to broadcast the best games available. The PAC-12 is an atheltic conference and their primary interest should be to get the best exposure for their teams. Do you see the conflict of interest?

This was going to be a lose-lose situation for the PAC-12 regardless.

Duhwayne
            Ute Fan
            @duhwayne

Bumped by baseball? Brutal. Bulls**t. Bollocks. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Utah didn’t get bumped. 

Also playoff baseball?  Yes Fox will choose that plus they are contractually obligated. 

Utahute72
                Ute Fan
                @utahute72

Well it is the playoffs.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Soooooo…..