Sorry in advance for the long rant…

Viewing 1 reply thread

TheOCUte
      Ute Fan
      @theocute

but I only post once or twice a year so…

Right or wrong Whitt isn’t going anywhere, but the offense has 9 games to get right or there should be yet another OC next season. As of right now the current incumbent is predictable, abandons run/pass balance and has players across the board making both physical and mental mistakes and generally look underprepared for competition.

Were there drops? yes…but by the whole wr group other than Covey and in multiple games. So is this wr group not as talented as we were led to believe, or are they not put in positions to succeed, or does the current QB throw an uncatchable ball? The answer is some combination of YES…and all scenarios point indirectly or directly to the coaching staff.

The offense has looked competent for exactly one half of football this season. Were it not for a fumbled away pick 6 the offense and defense would be tied with 2 TDs a piece in the last 8 quarters of football. That’s trash!

Two of many issues that stood out tonight.

How is it that if Moss is dinged the running game is abandoned? Is there really not another back on this roster capable of “next man up?” Hard to believe, and I don’t, so don’t abandon the run game.

How is it that if you don’t trust your QB to take shots down the field in general, you allow for that to occur with 15 sec left in a half with an award winning kicker on the sidelines? No timeouts, need points…whether it was a poor throw, poor read doesn’t matter, it not a smart call to even be in that play, its predictable at best.

The game seems like it’s too fast for Huntley still. He misses high, his reads appear late and he’s (at least to me) is being asked to make certain “touch” throws that don’t play to his strengths.

Execution has been poor, that’s on all involved, but this is a trend…kids come in and out of the program…this is an ongoing saga.  This is a really, really good defense that’s getting no help from the other side(s) of the ball. Plus, the wonderful Pac refs piled on tonight…too many poor or blown calls to mention.

Rough night as fans, but it could be worse…cough bruins… much respect to Covey, Moss and the D…hell of a game. I just hope changes are made to fix the issues as the pac south looked like a tire fire…a semi complete team will win it this year, but I fear it wont be the Utes again this season.

Regardless Go Utes

3 1

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Not sure why we didnt go with Tuttle from the get go and let him go through some growing pains so we could have a legitimate chance for success years 2-4. Instead the plan is to go with Huntley until he is done? That will give Huntle 1 year. Time for a change all the way around. The QB play simply isnt good enough to win.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I don’t think you wanted to trhow Tuttle to the wolves.  But, now you need to start looking at options.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

They already went through the growing pains with Huntley. Unfortunately, no growth occurred. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sorry in advance for the long rant…