Sounds like there is some good news and some bad news for board liberals.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      4 2

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

The good news is that congress is going to appoint a special prosecutor.

The bad news is it’s going to be Ken Starr (rumor is he will start by looking at Hillary’s role in Russing hacking).

Sometimes it pays to be careful what you ask for.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Hillary who?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The same Ken Starr who presided over Baylor and all their horribleness? 

The same who said the real victim at Baylor was Art Briles? 

I hope republicans aren’t that stupid. 

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin.com/ken-starr-believes-art-briles-is-the-true-victim-in-bay-1787037572/amp

8 2

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

I voted for Hillary as a means to keep the current disaster out of office, but if she had any part in any foreign nation hacking our system then she should be prosecuted along with the rest of them. I don’t know why she would have worked with Russia, considering the fact that Putin despises her, but things stopped making sense a few months back.

Now, if Trump did collude with Russia that should disgust all of us, liberal or not. Hyperpatisanship is killing us, and your post is just another example of it. You’re gloating over something meant to irritate liberals, when the issue at hand is our President potentially aligning with a foreign power to rig the election. This whole circus is f**king depressing.

3 3

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

you’re accusing 72 of hyperpartisanship while using the phrase “… to keep the current disaster out of office…”

got it.

2 3

AZswayze
          Ute Fan
          @AZswayze

How is that partisan in the least? I said many times on ufn that I would have voted for Kasich, but the GOP put a wholly unqualified, temperamental child up as their candidate. He’s unfit for office, and it has absolutely nothing to do with party affiliation.

4 3

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

To elaborate further, his policies are not what scares me most about him. He’s either incredibly stupid, delusional, or a mixture of the two. He very well may have dementia. To lie at the rate he and his staff lie while consistently being confronted with facts is troubling to say the least. I was bothered that nearly half our voting population thought he was capable of being POTUS, but I’m even more disturbed that nearly 40% still believe he’s doing a good job (even if his approval ratings are at historic lows). The fact that so many folks seem supportive of his rampant denial of facts really concerns me about our future.

That, added to this whole Russia debacle, makes him not only a habitual liar, but quite possibly a traitor of the highest magnitude. The question is, how is none of this bothering you? Do you really believe, after all we’ve seen over the past 18 months, that this man has the slightest idea what he’s doing, or even what’s going on? Or, are your heels dug in so firmly that you simply cannot admit that your vote may have gone to the biggest loser to ever hold the office of President of the United States?

SkinyUte
              Ute Fan
              @skinyute

I was bothered that nearly half our voting population thought he was capable of being POTUS

Only about 24% of our voting population thought he was capable of being POTUS, but that’s neither here nor there at this point.

AZswayze
                Ute Fan
                @AZswayze

Yeah, I didn’t mean the population that is able to vote. I meant the percentage of people who showed up to vote (46% voted for Trump). Sorry for the confusion.

UtahFanSir
              Ute Fan
              @utahfansir

Trump is not stupid or delusional. What he does he learned and it has been successful for him. That a president resorts to this behavior is troubling, because we have not seen anything like it, and even in the minds of many is unfitting the office of the president of the US.

May I suggest you read this article in the NYT a day ago:

Why Trump Does Not Let Go…

Trump practices classic Machiavellian behavior in politics. Divide and conquer, undermine state institutions (including the press) to consolidate control, discredit political leaders to sow seeds of doubt and grab power, politically assassinate former and current opponents (Obama, HRC), whether Democrat, Republican, and/or foreign leader, deflect all criticism by attacking and misdirection (fake news), and never admitting weakness are behaviors he has already shown us. That is not hyperbole, its observable fact.

Trump has a bulling and narcissistic style that has served him, whether it is optimal or not. This article, also NYT, from early February, addresses his management style graded out by management experts for suitability in complex organizations.

Trumps Management Style.

It is not my impression that world leaders who have met him have any respect for him, and as such, the US loses respect at least for the time being. If a global crisis required international help, particularly military, I’m beginning to doubt they come to the aide of the US.

The Trump base remains intensely loyal, however. They may be slightly shaken over learning through his budget and the new health care legislation that he is thumbing his nose at them. But I don’t think its really sunk in.

My take, but what do I know?

Edit: Time Magazine just released this interview with Trump: Trump’s Latest Interview.

AZswayze
                Ute Fan
                @AZswayze

I previously read those articles (thanks r/impeachtrump). I don’t believe he’s clever enough to be practicing anything that takes any sort of grand planning. His bullying, manipulative tactics served his purpose in the business world, and I predicted he would try governing using the same tactics for that reason alone. The fact that he can’t see how it’s failing miserably, and that he seems to honestly believe his own lies is what leads me to believe he’s both stupid and delusional.

Granted, it doesn’t help that he continues to hold rallies essentially meant to act as a support system, or that he has surrounded himself with sycophants and sociopaths (I’m looking at you Stephen Miller). Even Fox News is drawing lines in the sand, so he no longer has any major outlets to seek reassurance. That is scary in its own right, because that likely means he will begin to solely depend on Breitbart and Alex Jones for information.

UtahFanSir
                  Ute Fan
                  @utahfansir

I’ve met people in my life, especially during my business career, who were incredibly insecure with very low self esteem. Trump’s behavior reminds me of those people I’ve had to deal with, particuarly in business, as both a superior and subordinate. Very unpleasant.

Newbomb Turk
                  Ute Fan
                  @newbombturk

That Stephen Miller is a piece of work, and that’s the nicest way I can say it.

AZswayze
                    Ute Fan
                    @AZswayze

He is terrifying. I’m not usually one to compare politicians to Hitler, but when I think about the type of person necessary to push those types of policy objectives and support a leader like Hitler, Miller basically is the prototype.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I would have voted Kaisich as well. He is what we need. 

1 2

TheJuggernaut
              Ute Fan
              @thejuggernaut

I also would have voted for Kasich. I don’t see how any responsible, informed, rational person can dispute the fact that Trump is a disaster.

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

Kasich was the president we needed. Trump (or Hillary if she won because they’re both bags of awful, but Hillary ios less awful) is the one we deserved.

AZswayze
                Ute Fan
                @AZswayze

That is why I said this is so depressing. I’ve always accepted the fact that people will have differing political ideologies, and that my own deeply held beliefs may not be correct, but I always believed Americans (overall) were smart enough to see past the patent bulls**t. We all know that money in politics is a huge problem and that most politicians are bought, and we all knew a day would come where we said enough is enough leading to a revolt against the establishment. I just never thought we’d be willing to put a complete whackjob in office for the sake of disrupting the system.

It’s also been disheartening to watch the two parties jump to even a higher level of hyperpartisanship in reaction to the outlash. The Republicans seem prepared to back Trump no matter how crazy this gets, and the Dems seem incapable of realizing that they are as establishment as the GOP. Hell, now they’re talking about running their own billionaire celebrity in 2020. Hopefully, the Justice Democrats movement takes hold. Their #1 goal is getting money out of politics and I’ll support them, for that reason, in all future elections.

Anonymous
                  Inactive

I’m up Yuge since the January correction of 2016. Trump Trade be good. Obama was like like a potato stuck in the exhaust.

SkinyUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @skinyute

Stock market and investment portfolio performance are apparently the sole indicator of effective governance for all Americans.

That mindset is being strongly reinforced every day with this administration.

1 1

Anonymous
                      Inactive

You’re either on that train, or you’re looking to government safety nets.

SkinyUte
                        Ute Fan
                        @skinyute

Wow.

Y’know, you guys are usually better at masking your “I got mine, so f**k the poor” mindset.

Newbomb Turk
                    Ute Fan
                    @newbombturk

If the stock market tripling since Obama took office is a potato stuck in the tailpipe, give me more potatoes.

Anonymous
                      Inactive

That was all monetary easing by the Fed. GDP growth under Obama was an anemic 1.6%, worst of any POTUS.

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Why, is there someone else you’re watching in the White House that isn’t a disaster?

1 1

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

I don’t think it takes a partisan to see that Trump would be a disaster.
          Many republicans were saying as much during the whole campaign.

And now he’s exceeded even those expectations.

At least Angela Merkel is around for a while longer, so there’s at least one sensible adult in the room of world leaders.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Boom^^^^^!

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I voted for Clinton. However, if she did something illegal in regards to this Russian hacking issue, then I hope she gets prosecuted for it.

Will conservatives say the same about Trump, or will they just continue to defend him at any cost, regardless of evidence against his campaign?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree. 

3 1

Newbomb Turk
        Ute Fan
        @newbombturk

That’s the thing that gets me. I have seen people try to defend everything he says even if there is zero evidence that what he said was truthful. 3-5 million illegal votes, Obama wiretapping, 30% unemployment….whatever. Saw a guy on facebook yesterday say the Mexico was going to pay for the wall. He said we were taking jobs back from Mexico and that’s how they were going to “pay” for it. Nevermind the fact that our tax dollars are actually going to pay for it, and then if tariffs are imposed we will pay again for the price of imports going up.

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Sounds like there is some good news and some bad news for board liberals.