Sources: BYU to replace Liberty as Coastal Carolina’s opponent

Viewing 2 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

An agreement has been reached for BYU to replace Liberty as Coastal Carolina’s opponent this Saturday after COVID-19 issues prevented the Flames from playing in the game, sources told ESPN.

BYU (9-0) and Coastal Carolina (9-0) are both ranked this week in the College Football Playoff rankings. The Cougars are No. 13 and the Chanticleers No. 18. BYU, which last played on Nov. 21, had been looking for another opponent. The Cougars weren’t scheduled to play again until Dec. 12 when they face San Diego State.

ESPN’s College GameDay is set to broadcast Saturday from the Coastal Carolina campus.

espn.com article

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Go coastal Carolina but they will get blown out by 30 unfortunately

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Massey’s algorithm says BYU 35-27 Coastal Carolina.

Utephoria
        Ute Fan
        @utephoria

Not so fast my friend. The Kitties have to travel to South Carolina with little to no time to prepare. Their quarterback McCall is equal to Wilson, maybe Wilson is a little better. The runningbacks for both teams are close to equal. The better defense leans towards CC. From the little I have seen of CC, they seem to be more athletic and faster than BYU.

So I see a close game with CC eaking out the win. Not that I care that much, just want the Y to eat some humble pie. 

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I agree. This is now the most exciting game of the weekend for me! Up until this announcement, it was the Apple Cup. Slim pickens out there.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Hans pointed out that C’s center is 5-9 285. Tonga is going to eat him up.

ALUF
            Ute Fan
            @dbgii77

This is why they lose by 30…cougars are too big up front on both sides for them to be handled. Hope I’m wrong

Rick
              Ute Fan
              @rickyrules

Speed kills and CC has speed everywhere.  If their line can protect the zoobs DBs will have a hell of a time covering their WRs.  I think it will be a close, high scoring game with the home team winning by 3 in the end.

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

Sorry I just watched some CC highlights, not very fast. Maybe faster than BYU but we’ll see. As far as the line of scrimmage goes, they’re guys are not fast and BYU will man handle them.

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

Give credit to both ADs for scheduling this on such short notice. Winner should take on Cincinnati, for the opportunity of a New Years day bowl? Not a fan of BYU, but they are making the most of COVID and independence. Next year they will go back to sub-mediocracy, certainly as Wilson moves on to the NFL.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Sources: BYU to replace Liberty as Coastal Carolina’s opponent