SP+ projection for the game: Utah 32.0 USC 31.7

Viewing 1 reply thread

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I have seen a ton of pessimism about this game from our fans. I cant talk or preach much as I was probably one of the more pessimistic fans in preseason and early on. I will just say I am surprised how many of us dont think we have a chance in this game.

I am really excited to see what our defense can do against this team the second time around. I think they have grown a ton and they will give us a chance. Obviously we need our offense to play to its potential or else this probably is a loss. USCs offense is good enough that we can defend pretty well and we still may need 35+ points to win.

I hope the coaching staff is ready with some adjustments. You know they will key on Kincaid, Lud has to use that gravity to get guys involved. If their safeties are biting down on him over the middle, sneak Jaylen Dixon in a weakside slot post over the top. If their linebackers are dropping too far sticking to Kincaid, use the space underneath. If they play man you have to believe they are bracketing Kincaid, draw up shots to our guys in resultivng 1v1s. Cam has got to be unpredictable with his throwing windows. Sometimes he settles in and tries to hit the same 5 throws over and over. Make them guard the whole field.

Defense just needs to be assignment sound. Dont fall into old habbits of getting torched by misdirection. I would consider starting out in 2 high looks to limit their chunk plays and forcing them to beat us on the ground. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We certainly CAN win.  USC has some vulnerabilities.  

I agree that our defense has improved since October 15.  USC will also not have Dye.

Our offense has not been the same since that game because of injuries.  That was the best game of Rising’s and Kincaid’s careers.  That will not likely be duplicated this Friday.  We do need Cam to play like the Cam we knew before the injury.  He needs to be able to run and he needs to be patient enough in the pocket to check down to his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers.

We have a weapon in Johnson that I would unleash big time against USC.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football SP+ projection for the game: Utah 32.0 USC 31.7