Spence Checketts

Viewing 2 reply threads

Guido
      Ute Fan
      @guidopescatore

Spence Checketts DUI arrest

I’m not going to pretend to know anything about him, and I think a 3rd DUI conviction deserves some special punishment.  At the same time his Rolodex was, in my opinion, one of the only saving graces to sports radio in Salt Lake City.  So I will be sad to see him and the interesting interviews he could land go, and I hope he gets the help he needs.

(And if I were Dave Checketts, I would cut him out of the will and tell him to quit trading on my name until he gets his act together, but I don’t have any Father of the Year awards on my wall, so maybe that is the wrong response…)

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have never liked him the irony of when he has spoken out about athletes criminal acts always made me chuckle.
      Edit: DUI enhancements are just if you have minors in the car or if you have two or more convictions in the past ten years. Or accidents involving injury or property damage. He will only face the Class B penalties in a justice court.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

He had two convictions in 2004, plus an ‘attempted dui’ (was stopped before he drove the car) in 2008 that got pled down. But this was his fifth arrest for dui, with the other coming from around 2000. I doubt he will get much in the way of jail time.

His judgment is obviously messed up and on some level that may be due to his brain tumor. When he gets his license back he needs a permanent breathalyzer interlock installed, and a monthly subscription to Uber/Lyft.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Attempted DUI?  What state has that statute?  Ten years is the threshold in Utah for Felony DUI.  

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Isn’t he from a famous LDS family?

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

Easy … it’s not like he’s drinking coffee

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Spence Checketts