Spence Eccles Field House

Viewing 4 reply threads

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

With a new indoor facility likely going up, I’d like to see the University use the Spence Eccles Field House to enhance the gameday experience similar to how Oregon uses an indoor facility (the Moshofsky Center) on gamedays. I saw it first hand on my 2015 trip to Oregon where my 5 year old son and I were on-site for the infamous 62-20 drubbing of the Ducks and perhaps one of the most spectacular of all the Covey punt returns as he was responsible for a TD return that he actually didn’t run back – ahh memories.
      Anyway, the pre-game activities in “the Mo” were awesome. If you’ve been there you’ve seen how Oregon transforms the venue into a premium tailgating experience for all. If you haven’t, here’s an article that goes into some more detail.
      Speaking of Oregon, apparently they too will open a new indoor facility in 2024. 

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

This is a great idea. Basically a huge luncheon or breakfast on gameday on the indoor field? Very cool! Also, it would be nice to have a different open house at a building each week. It’s been years since I went into the Einar Neilsen Fieldhouse. A historical tour or simple open house on game day would be cool. We should put an email committee together to start contacting the program about your idea. It’s too good of an idea not to do.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree. From a fan experience outside the stadium, IMO-Utah is not close to UO. Caught a game in Eugene a several years ago when the Ducks played OSU. Once in the stadium at RES experience is great until you want to get some food, take a leak, and exit the stadium. Crazy what CC fans at Utah are being charged now for tailgating spread all over the campus. What you get when the program is in hot demand!

I have been to a few SEC games. If you get a chance, go to an Ole Miss vs. MSU game in Oxford, amazing experience. SEC football is a different animal. Those of you going to the Swamp will get to see what it’s like in SEC land. Well worth the trip especially if the Utes win! 

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

I dream of the day when a grand terrace connects the “Einar Neilsen Athletic Hall of Fame Museum” to the North End Zone.

jobjohnsen8
      Ute Fan
      @jobjohnsen8

I went to that Oregon – Utah game too! It was amazing!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Would also be cool to do what Notre Dame does. Each department of the school (physics, math, biology etc) has it’s own tailgate in their building or out front of their building.  Our campus is pretty big so that could be a logisitcal issue, but it was fun walking around Notre Dame and visiting all the different parties. 

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

WSU does something similar as well. They have a huge indoor facility they use for tailgating, etc. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Spence Eccles Field House