Spring Tickets Priority

Viewing 4 reply threads

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

I haven’t seen this discussion posted yet regarding allocation of spring tickets (if any).  I received the notice on the handling on fall 2020 football ticket payments.  As promised, Utah is offering to:

– refund tickets;

– credit to 2021 fall tickets; or

– convert to a donation (as designated by you).  

This includes all payments (ticket, seat donation, parking and tailgate, no mention of any of the fees, but does say all payments). 

The default if you do nothing is to credit you for fall 2021 tickets.  If you want a refund now, you must select this option by Friday, September 4.   Of course the push is for you to convert all or some of your payments as a donation to offset the lossess with the cancelations.

One interesting benefit of coverting to donation, and is the point of this post, is that your donation will count (I believe 2x) in “Spring season seat purchase and allocation priority.”

It appears that the spring season (if we have one) would be handled separately from the usual season ticket seat locations.  More like bowl games and away games.  This makes sense if they are intending on limiting the numbers and social distancing (and if the South End Zone is unavailable).  You won’t get your usual seats, but will likely need to order specially for the spring season, based upon priority and allocations.  Of course, there may be no spring season and this could change, but thought that one line was interesting.

I also could be reading too much into that one line.

“All payments made toward the 2020 Football season including ticket, seat donation, parking and tailgate payments will automatically be applied to the 2021 fall football season. If you would like to convert your payment to a tax-deductible contribution to support our 500-plus student-athletes or request a refund, please click start and answer the questions.; Increased Crimson Club priority. For every dollar converted to a tax-deductible donation, Utah Athletics will match with a dollar of additional soft credit to your 2021 Crimson Club priority. Public recognition of your generous support. Exclusive engagement opportunities in 2020 and beyond. Spring season seat purchase and allocation priority.Refund deadline: Friday, September 4”

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They raise the prices for season tickets every year. Can you imagine how sh**** it will feel if you roll over your money to next season, and they bill you more? 

Gugstanley
      Ute Fan
      @gugstanley

Spring season tickets will be sold like the away tickets. Priority to the donor list. Capacity would be greatly reduced down to the 5 to 6k range.
      Most of us won’t even get a chance to buy tickets

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Yes, Tony. I am counting on them billing me more for 2021.

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Thanks for the confirmation Gugstanley.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Spring Tickets Priority