Boom!

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Noice.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Guess my season tix prices are going up. Oh wait. They go up anyway.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

$80M/50k fans = $1600 each

Amortized over ten years @ 7% $120M/50k/10 = $240/year

Anonymous
          Inactive

There was a story in the Chrony a week, or so, ago that said that Utah has a season ticket waitlist of 22,000. I’d hope the expansion goes to 60,000. 

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

If they put in luxury boxes they might get most of the capital costs back by selling those and the additional seat revenue.  Just trying to ballpark it, no pun intended.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

don’t lie. That was totally intended.

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

That’s not exactly accurate.  You could buy them tomorrow with a one time $1200 – 25,000 donation to the Crimson club.  They have plenty available for the right price.  Just call the ticket office. The were at least 1k seats to choose from when I called last spring.  

The sell out record we proudly tout is largely due to the CC fund purchasing available seats and basically holding them until they can gouge someone for them.  

St George Ute
          Ute Fan
          @stgeorgeute

Wouldn’t the proceeds from the $80m bond be used to fund the construction? I imagine ticket prices will increase regardless, simply because demand for tickets is higher than the available supply, even after expansion (someone mentioned a waiting list of 22,000 tickets). But if construction is funded from the bond issuance, the cost shouldn’t be passed on to ticket holders. Just my thoughts.

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Bond is a loan that has to be paid back, with interest.  If SLC is going to issue the bonds, then the taxpayers are paying for it, but I thought the University was issuing bonds for the Athletic Department.  Athletic Department would be on the hook to pay off the bonds over time (usually 5-10 years for a capital project) — generally they would want to do it with revenue from football. Maybe the Olympic Committee is going to pledge their support to cut the cost to the University and the football program?, we’ll find out tomorrow.

St George Ute
              Ute Fan
              @stgeorgeute

Ah, that makes sense. I do hope the Olympic committee helps cut the cost.

Running some numbers (and purely based on my own speculation of number of proposed premium seats, ticket prices for new seats, etc.), I don’t see how they do it without increasing season ticket prices by $100 or more. That’s if they set the terms on the bond at 10 years. A 20 year bond would still require an increase of around $50 for season tickets across the board.

Granted, I’m probably underestimating number of premium seats and what they plan on charging for the new sections. I just ran with it. Guess we’ll get more information tomorrow. 🙂

UtMtBiker
                Ute Fan
                @utmtbiker

They could sell beer outside the stadium like every other school.  Problem solved.  

PlainsUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @plainsute

Also inside the luxury boxes.  At $10 per beer that revenue adds up quickly.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

They already do. Ask any zoob on the 25th. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stadium expansion was approved, press conference tomorrow